Thread: What is the use of hashtag

What is the use of hashtag

I had seen many people using hashtag. What is it actually. I had seen people on facebook using it more while it was first started in twitter. Is it some kind of app. What is the benefit of using the same. I tried to find out the information on web, but I am unable to understand it properly. It looks like some kind of marketing concept to me. Even instagram is using the same.

Re: What is the use of hashtag

It just help you to keep your conversation separate from others. Now in twitter and on Facebook there are tons of comments. Through hashtag you can create a separate space for your comments.

It is weird that you do not know hastag. Hastag is very simple to use. It is not at all complicated nor it is a application. In facebook and twitter we have tons of comments and reply daily. In that if you are talking about something specific then it is complicated to find it back. Like under a photo you are commenting for summer vacation. To keep all the comments and post associated with summer vacation at one place you will need to type the comment and at the end you have to add #summer vacation. That's all. You can see that it becomes a clickable link. So when you click on that all comments associated to summer vacation comes at one place. In this way in a huge conversation if you are talking or commenting on a specific topic or idea then you can use hashtags. It is really simple and awesome feature. I use it regularly. It is more helpful in facebook instead of twitter. Because twitter gives you a limited space to tweet. While in facebook box you can type more text and add a hashtag in the end. It is also a fun way of sharing information and replying to a friend. Hashtag just helps you to keep everything sorted.

It is correct. But it is not really so helpful. If there are already tons of comments then you cannot do anything in that. You must remember the tag to access comments or tweets.

It is helpful for marketing people. Like a blogger. Who can share his articles through hashtag keeping them consolidated to a specific topic only. For end users I do not think hashtag play any important role. It is not a new concept. The hashtag allows you to simply share a common set of information with people and get in touch. It is really easy to use and has not issue with commenting and sharing information. The benefit of using a hashtag is only that you can keep all the comments at a composite place which is quiet easy to access whenever needed. I think it is good for separating different ideas and views. As it got popular on twitter many other social networking websites have adopted the same.