Thread: Merging all contacts with Gmail account

Merging all contacts with Gmail account

I use around 3 different phone. Among which one is the oldest one and has all important contact. That might be over 1000. The next mobile has some 1500 and the last one has around 800 contacts. It is very complicated to manage them altogether. I am going to buy a smartphone now. Most probably Galaxy S3. I want some help to get everything at one place. And also some way to delete duplicates.

Re: Merging all contacts with Gmail account

It is not complicated but a time consuming job. You have to first export all the contacts from your phone. Most of the mobile phone offers you contact export in the from of vcard. You can import them in Gmail.

Do this first. Go in your phone book and import all contacts. All phone book has a feature of contact backup. There are various ways available through which you can get all the contacts at one place. But the major issue lies with cleaning up the contacts. Now I had gone with the same thing. I am having around 1600 contacts in my phone. And I transferred them to my Windows Phone. There is a unique feature available in Outlook.com. You can simply clean your contacts automatically through simple steps. What you have to do is first upload all your contacts in Gmail. Then connect your Gmail account with Outlook. You can use your Live id for that. There is a contact panel available. Click on that and click on clean contacts. Outlook.com will check each and every contacts and will list you the set of duplicates. I had deleted the duplicates one and configured the id on my Windows phone. All contacts appeared properly in the phone book. In Android I am sure there will be some feature available to merge contacts. Gmail is the best place to keep your contacts which is easy to retrieve.

I am using Youlu. It is a nice app which is available for symbian, android and windows phone. You can upload your contacts on it and you can then install the app in your device. All contacts will be visible.