Thread: Are google sites ban on internet explorer 11

Are google sites ban on internet explorer 11

I have Opera, Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 on my newly upgraded windows 8.1. Everything is working fine except some problems in the new IE 11 Preview browser. Among them the most important problem is that i am not able to open any of the google sites on this browser. Rest all sites work fine but only not the Google ones like the home page, or gmail, or google plus, etc.

Just to make sure it is not the google problem, i tried using all other browsers, even downloaded firefox. Surprisingly all these three third party browsers are able to open google pages without any problem at the same time when IE wont. Is there any problem between Microsoft and Google? Have they banned google on new IE browser?

Re: Are google sites ban on internet explorer 11

Nope, this cannot be happened, Microsoft or any one else just cannot ban Google. By the way, sounds like there is some other problem on your pc itself because even i am using OE 11 and i can easily browse all Google services. You need ti reset your browser to defaults. Hopefully it will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawford View Post
    You need ti reset your browser to defaults. Hopefully it will work fine.
    Yeah, thats correct. You should try deleting history, cache, cookies etc or simply try resetting Internet Explorer because there is no such problem with Google and IE. For me its working fine. You can reset the browser by:

Going to Tools > Internet options.
    In Internet Options click Advanced tab > Reset.
    After resetting make sure to restart the browser and see if the problem persists.

Many times it use to be Add-ons creating problem with your Browser. If you don’t want to reset the browser and loose all your data, simply try running IE without Add-ons. It is better then disabling all add-ons manually. To run without add-ons, you just need to type “iexplore -extoff” without quotes in command prompt and press Enter. If Google and its other services working good, then enable add-ons one by one and see which the culprit is. Uninstall the same.