Thread: How to remove Mixi.Dj search from Firefox browser

How to remove Mixi.Dj search from Firefox browser

I am using the latest Firefox browser at my home pc and I dont know how did this mixi.dj toolbar and search got installed on this browser. I have already removed it by going into Control Panel but if I open the firefox browser then it comes back again? The AVG antivirus installed on my pc also doesnt pick anything. Does anyone know how to get rid of this Mixi.Dj virus? Thank you

Re: How to remove Mixi.Dj search from Firefox browser

Restart your computer and then press F8 button on your keyboard continuously until you get a screen to login to Safe Mode. After you have logged in, download Malwarebytes from its website and install it in your pc. After installation, run a thorough scan from this anti-malware software and remove all the unwanted infections that are scanned and then restart your pc. Now check if the Mixi.Dj virus is removed from your computer or not.

You need to open Firefox and then go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and then remove the Mixidj extension if it is present. Afterthat go to Tools and then select Options and then go to General Tab and simply remove Mixidj and type a new website or keep a blank page as your homepage. After that remove teh Mixidj search engine from the browser as well by clicking on magnifying glass search icon and then select Manage Search Engine and then remove the Mixidj search engine from the list.

Note that you will also need to remove the anything related to Mixi.Dj from the Control Panel also. After that you will need to also open firefox and then type about:config in the address bar of firefox and then press enter and accept all the warning. Now here, search for the mixidj.delta-search.com in the search bar and then right click on each one of them and select Reset and press ok to apply the changes.