Thread: Where to download Internet Explorer 11

Where to download Internet Explorer 11

Hey guys, i need a small help from you all regarding Internet Explorer 11. Actually i am all ready to upgrade my existing Windows 8 system to 8.1 Preview. As of now the browser is version 10 and as i am upgrading system to 8.1 Preview, i will also like to test out IE 11 Preview.

So as my title says, can any one please tell me from where can we download Internet Explorer 11 setup for Windows 8.1? Also let me know if it requires a special installation process. Many thanks in advance.

Re: Where to download Internet Explorer 11

I dont think Internet Explorer 11 is available for stand alone download for Windows 8.1. It comes preloaded with Win 8.1. As you said you are ready to upgrade to 8.1 preview, just go ahead. You will see it right on your Metro screen after upgradation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilya View Post
    I dont think Internet Explorer 11 is available for stand alone download for Windows 8.1. It comes preloaded with Win 8.1.
    I agree that it comes pre-loaded with Windows 8.1 but who told you that it is not available for standalone download. Microsoft has a page offering its .exe download. Just check the following page.

Download Internet Explorer 11

Dude, the OP was asking for his Windows 8.1 operating system. The download page you have provided is not for the same. By the way did you check for which operating systems Microsoft is offering IE .exe file? Here it is:

Can you see Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 anywhere here to download?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilya View Post
    As you said you are ready to upgrade to 8.1 preview, just go ahead. You will see it right on your Metro screen after upgradation.
    Hey guys, I have now completed upgrading to Windows 8.1 successfully. Everything is working fine but I am not able to see the browser anywhere on the Metro Screen, neither in the Installed programs list.

Does it really comes pre-installed with this oS?

Yes, it comes pre-installed. The only reason it is not visible in installed programs list is because it is built-in windows component and will be visible only in Windows features and components instead of Add and Remove Programs. As it is not visible on your metro screen, simply bring in the charms bar from the right corner of the screen, click the search vox and type Internet Explorer. Or click the Arrow on the left bottom corner to bring up All apps. Select Internet Explorer from here.

Hope it helps.

Thank you very much for the helps Lilya. I found it under All Apps. Everything working great now.

Help appreciated.