Thread: IDM Download button does not appear on Youtube videos

IDM Download button does not appear on Youtube videos

I had installed IDM on my system. But there is some problem. I had integrated the addon on Firefox. I found the download on official website. Now when I play any video on YouTube the download button appear for sometime. But when I click on that, it disappear. I closed the browser and started it again. But the issue lies the same. Does anyone knows any easy fix for this problem.

Re: IDM Download button does not appear on Youtube videos

It is not properly installed. Try to remove Firefox plugin and add it back. To use it IDM must be working. You can check that in system tray. If the icon is visible then it is working in the background. Re-add the plugin and check back.

IDM is sometime really buggy with Firefox. I am using it from long time. I got a update pop up. I did the update and after that it failed to work. I got the same issue. When I click on download button in disappear. While before it shows me long list of different formats to download. It can be resolved if you clean re-install your web browser and IDM tool. For that go in Control Panel > Uninstall a program and first wipe out everything. Just remove the browser and associated plugin and install it back. Sometime the browser is not stable due to which you get this kind of issues. IDM also offer you plugin for chrome browser where it works fine. Now there is one more way to download files. For that you can install another plugin called as video download helper which is available for firefox and it works with all kind of video/audio file. It is a very tiny plugin and it works well in terms of downloading files from YouTube or any other online media sharing website. For the time being you can stick with video download helper and later on once IDM starts working fine you can move ahead.

I am using a tool called as Youtube downloaded which I found on web. It is a free tool. You just have to add the video url in that and done. It download the file with good quality.