Thread: Facebook modifies News Feed to enhance user updates

Facebook modifies News Feed to enhance user updates

Facebook has done some major changes in the new feed. They are applying some kind of ranking algo through which your find will remain on top or will reappear in the news feed. I do not know how this is going to help users. News feeds are just popping out new updates on different activities by people on the same network. However we get information on all popular post on fb.

Re: Facebook modifies News Feed to enhance user updates

This is just done for advertising. Facebook is now a big platform for advertisers to interact with people directly. So this type of things will keep on coming up. The major thing they did recently is applied a completely new interface.

Re: Facebook modifies News Feed to enhance user updates

Facebook just wants user to engage more in discussion. This algo gives information on popular post which will keep on re-appearing if it is popular. I think spammer will take more benefit from it. Now it happens ample of time that you check your wall after long time. So many updates are missing or at the extreme end. Through this those post which are liked or which are continued by many will remain on the top. Like you are connected to some brand page and you are commenting on it, then that will remain on the top and it will be visible to everyone in the network. The post will only appear if they keep on getting huge number of likes and comments. So that people can simply get more engaged. I did not think this is a helpful to us. Because the notification center here gives out information on all on going activities. Instead of this Facebook must do other changes in the UI and remove those spam stuff. Those unwanted games and application which just keeps on flooding the page with many things which we never want.