Thread: Fed up with Search Engine Malware on my web browser

Fed up with Search Engine Malware on my web browser

There is a single pc at my home. It is used by everyone. Each time when I start Firefox I can see a new search engine page. Some of them are really weird. Ample of time there are different set of tool-bars automatically added on the browser. I am simply fed up with the same and not able to find any solution for the same. Can anyone help me to block this permanently.

Re: Fed up with Search Engine Malware on my web browser

This malware just appear when some people download free stuff from web. It is really annoying. To get rid of the same just uninstall the web browser and install everything back again with default settings. It will work fine.

The browser has some internal settings through which you can restore it as it was before. This are called as default settings. First go in Tools > Add-ons and checkout for all extension and plugins. Remove all of them one by one. It will make your browser more stable. Never add this kind of stuff. Second thing you can do is go in about:config in Firefox and apply custom settings. That is a bit advance part but really helpful. One more important thing you have to do is get a good antivirus. Malwarebytes Antimalware is a nice tool for this. It works with your existing antivirus and offers you powerful solution for such stuff. Malware are getting worse day by day. Once you clicked on wrong stuff your system will be flooded with this kind fo stuff and there is nothing you can do in it. It is essential that you must simply use a good anti-malware. Many antivirus today comes with loaded solution that gives overall protection in terms of antivirus security, malware protection, etc. That makes your job easier. Instead of buying things separately you can just stick with a single product and get a overall solution. In this I think Norton is the best one.

Get a internet security pack. Which will be better. Now there are ample of antivirus which comes with complete solution. They protect your system from everything. From online to offline threat. So just buy a good pack and then check back.