Thread: Internet explorer 10 Metro won't remember password

Internet explorer 10 Metro won't remember password

I bought this HP laptop about a month ago with Windows 8. This is the new system but what made me irritate was all those non sense and unwanted applications. Anyways, i uninstalled most of them and that is not my concerned. I am here with a problem i get on Metro Internet Explorer. The desktop version of Internet Explorer works fine but due to some unknown reason Metro IE is not able to save my login credentials. Infact it never saved any username or passwords though all the settings are proper and configured as they should be. As this is completely new OS and new browser for me i dont have any much idea to troubleshoot them. Hope anyone here can help me out for the same.

Re: Internet explorer 10 Metro won't remember password

As you said the browser never saved any password, i dont think resetting it will be any harmful for you, right? So just go for it. Or before doing the same better try out running troubleshooter for IE 10 Metro. If you dont know how does it works, follow these simple steps:
    • start by pressing Win+R key from anywhere on your system to bring up the search bar and type 'Troubleshooter' followed by enter.
    • Now click on Settings and select "Find and Fix problems"
    • Here click on the left pane click "View all" and select "Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter".

Thats it. Now leave your system for few minutes, let it find and fix the problem internet explorer automatically.

Help appreciated karan_star, but that doesn’t made any difference, Still the same problem. Metro IE 10 wont save login credentials.

Any other suggestion please?

Hello Ekram, can you please tell me the exact edition of your Windows 8. Because as per my searches there is a registry key missing from windows 8 professional due to which IE Metro fails to save the passwords. It is the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Just check your registry editor if this key is available. Is yes, on the right pane you will find a key named “FormSuggest PW”. Save it to “Yes”. Now the browser should save the login credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia.A View Post
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    Yes, I am having the Windows 8 Professional and you were correct, above key is missing from my system. How can I fix it?

Here is the fix for the same:

Just download this registry file and save it on desktop.
    Close all applications.
    Double click the registry file to run.
    If prompted for Administrative access, confirm by clicking on yes.
    Once done, restart the PC and you will be done.

I don’t think it is the registry problem because even I had the same problem and I simply fixed it by changing few settings in the Internet Options. Actually when you launch the browser, by default AutoComplete remains disabled. You need to manually enable it which can be done by going to Internet Option > Content tab > AutoComplete > Settings. Here make sure Address bar, Forms, User names and passwords on forms, and Ask me before saving passwords are check marked. Apply the settings and restart Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps.