Thread: Suitable Video Streamer application for Mozilla Firefox

Suitable Video Streamer application for Mozilla Firefox

Can anyone help me to find a good video streaming plugin for Firefox. I am having some issue with flash here. I had tried number of times to re-install it again and again but it did not worked. I am looking for some good suitable plugin which can help me to run a proper video streaming. I am not just using Youtube but there are some more similar video streaming websites.

Re: Suitable Video Streamer application for Mozilla Firefox

Video streaming is not a issue in Firefox. There can be some problem with the flash. The best way to fix this is first uninstall everything. The browser + flash and then install the most latest version back again. That will do the job.

I am using a really nice plugin for Firefox which allows me to resume my video back from last where I left. This is great for saving some bandwidth. It is called as Video Resumer. Just add this in your browser and keep it, it will help you anytime. This usually work for Youtube only. It is a nice plugin which plays videos automatically from the last place you had left. So there is no need to skip the video again and again forward. It works well with the web browser. While if you go on addons.mozilla.org you can only find video downloader plugins. There is no dedicated app available that can help you to stream video. You can try finding some kind of desktop version or a streaming software. There are some third party tools available. Now just test video streaming in different web browser. Do not just get stick to Firefox only. You can use Opera also. It is another great browser that works fine and has no issue with streaming output.

What issue you are facing exactly. You said that videos are crashing. So the issue can be with the flash or some kind of plugin in your system which is not proper. Try to re-install it and test back.

There are some desktop software available which can help you to play videos from Youtube. One of them is YTubePlayer. This is a nice portable software that allow you to stream videos from your desktop through a software. You do not need any online website for the same. It has a nice video player type of interface which is quiet easy to use. Along with streaming you can make different adjustment in the videos. Like you can modify the video streaming qualities and stream video on its basis. Just test this tool once and check back. There are more application available but this one is the best. So it is not worth to recommend you the others. I use this whenever there is some kind of streaming issue with the web browser. Because ample of time when you watching videos in a browser and you skip ahead the browser hangs. Which create a problem. While in this the streaming output is better.