Thread: Good web browser to download youtube files directly

Good web browser to download youtube files directly

Leaving Firefox, Opera aside is there a better web browser available which has more features. Like a integrated download manager, youtube and torrent downloader. I do not want to use different applications for downloading a set of different files from the web. It is really complicated. So I am looking for a browser itself which has everything init. So that it is less messy to download different files.

Re: Good web browser to download youtube files directly

I am not sure about any browser, but Firefox has ample of extension and plugins that you can use for this purpose. The online plugin directory of Mozilla is really huge. Like for Youtube videos you can just add VideoDownlaodHelp addon on your browser. And it will grasp all the streaming audio video link.

But there is a issue with Firefox. It gets slow when you add different add-ons on it. I had tested a set of different addons. Browsing is extremely slow when you add different plugins. Like for downloading torrent you can install Direct torrent downloader on the web browser. This grabs torrent links from different torrent site and starts download. Compare to this one, Opera comes with integrated torrent downloader file. There is no need to add any file. But it is slow compare to a full fledged torrent client. Firefox goes really slow due to different plugins. I had also installed a YouTube to Mp3 convertor plugin on the browser. That converts a YouTube video directly to a mp3 file. If I add around 8 to 10 videos on that, the browser works really slow. Later on after searching web for a kind of good browser I found Torch. This browser is designed to handle multimedia files. It is a kind of browser that comes with integrated video and torrent downloader.The browser has simple interface to use and has everything in it. There is no need to add anything separately on that.

I am using Torch. The best part of using this browser is the drag and drop feature. To download something you just need to drag and it and done. The file will be added in the download manager. This would be more easier I think.

Try Wyzo. It is also a media browser. The benefit of using this browser is fast performance. It is really easy to use. It has a torrent downloader also. I am using this from a bit long time and really happy with the output. I use Firefox only for surfing purpose while Wyzo handles all my download job. It also comes with powerful security features which makes it a ideal for everyone to use. Due to bittorrent integration it is quiet easy to use for torrent files also. Somehow you will not get the full benefits of a torrent client, but you can just use it for downloading in the browser itself. Another great advantage of using this web browser is that you can use all add-ons of Firefox on the same. It supports everything addons that you can use on Firefox. Which makes it more flexible in usage. So just test out the browser.