Thread: Gmail's new avatar with categorize email sorting

Gmail's new avatar with categorize email sorting

Minor changes are done to Gmail's interface to add more easy view of mails instantly. We are all fed up with tons of spam in our inbox. It is complicated to checkout important mails among them. Now you can sort you mails in terms of different categories so that you can view only those which you want. Gmail has a new added toolbar over the top side of mail list, where you can see different tabs. You can check that in image below. The new features are really helpful in auto-sorting of unwanted emails. There are 5 categories added.

All your important emails which are known and trusted goes under Primary tab. While you can see in the image below more tabs associated with different kind of emails. There is a dedicated social sections which consist of email updates for social network websites. The feature is really effective and easy to use.

Too add a email in a specific category just drag the email on the tab. Once it is moved, Gmail will by default put the email in the same category. Via this a lot of time can be saved in searching for important mails.

Re: Gmail's new avatar with categorize email sorting

That looks a bit helpful feature. I am really annoyed with spam email. I tried to mark them but each time those come with some new email message in the inbox. I was looking for some option by which we can just bifurcate the emails. This auto sorting feature is really great and it is going to help a lot. Compare to other email accounts I think Gmail is the one which get maximum number of spams. It is essential that deal with them properly. Now atleast here we have a choice to ignore all those unwanted updates and stuff.

Re: Gmail's new avatar with categorize email sorting

I saw that some time ago. First I got confused to find emails in that. Later on I found it is bit easy to use. It is right that this is a effective way to deal with spam. Because here the mails are sorted. I was irritated with those unwanted updates. I bought some stuff online and signed up different accounts on E-Commerce websites. Due to which I always get more than 20 offer emails that are loaded with discounts and coupons. The day Google implemented this feature, all mails are transferred to promotion tab. They are just not visible in my primary inbox which makes it more clean.