Thread: Pdf file not working in Opera web browser

Pdf file not working in Opera web browser

Opera is not able to open any pdf file. I can only see the loading menu. I am having some files attached in my email. And at my office I am not allowed to install any other stuff. As a secondary web browser I only have Internet Explorer which is more slower than Opera. I thought Opera has a inbuilt pdf viewer. I had used this before. Is there a instant option available through which I can view those files.

Re: Pdf file not working in Opera web browser

Ask someone is IT to re-install opera. That will fix the issue. Opera supports pdf files. It reads it. It is easier to open them if they are a web link. Like opening them directly from your email.

There is tiny addon available which can help you to fix the issue. It is called as gPDF. If opera is not able to read pdf file then you can just install it. It does not require any special installation rights. It is just an addon that you can add in the web browser. The tool is simple to use and offer you a set of different files. You can view pdf as well Microsoft Office files. It also support csv. So it is just like a complete online file viewer addon that you have to add in your web browser. And then you just need to click on the file to open from your email. It works on Google Docs Viewer and offers you a clear view of all files. You cannot modify the same, but you can view the content. Another way to check all the files is via Zoho Viewer. It is a online service that also allows you to edit the files. It is really fast in reading different files and I think once you install this in your browser you do not require any third party software. There are more addons available which gives you viewing option associated to specific file format only.

The reason you are not able to see pdf files in the web browser is due to Adobe Reader plugin. You will need to download and install this. There are chances that this plugin is broken or not proper due to which you are unable to see anything.

Why don't you upload all your files on Google Drive. That is the best way to edit and check files whenever you want. Google Drive works through web browser. It has a cool web based interface that allows you to do anything. It supports ample of file formats like docs, xlsx, pptx, etc. You just have to upload your files via your gmail account and then you can click on it to view. I use this on Mozilla which works fine. I am having ample of Excel project files. If you do not want to use this, then you have to go with other online viewers. There are ample of online service available that allows you to view pdf files in a web browser. But for that you have to upload them. So that is a bit not proper. Because you have to put your data on internet. I avoid this for important office files. I carry Google Drive in my usb where all my file are synced. I just have to open them whenever I want to show others.