Thread: Mozilla Firefox crashing while running Screen-O-Matic

Mozilla Firefox crashing while running Screen-O-Matic

I am trying to use screen-o-matic on my system to record a video. I had added addon on Firefox. When I launch it, it work fine for sometime and then it crashes. I am not able to use the same. I tried a set of different settings but nothing worked. I am trying to make tiny tutorial video of a software setup. But it is not working. I am using the latest version of Firefox here.

Re: Mozilla Firefox crashing while running Screen-O-Matic

Try to remove the add-on first and install it back. Re-installation fixes ample of issue. If that also does not work then you can try re-installing the entire web browser back again. I had also gone with several crashing issue with Firefox which is instantly resolved by re-installing it back again.

Screen-o-matic is a java based application. Try to update java in your system. You can visit the official site and collect the download. Run the setup that's all. If that does not work then going with fresh installation of Firefox is better. This would fix the issue. While there are ample of good screen recorders software available. Screen-O-Matic relies on the browser due to which if it crashes then the browser is also affected. You can disable all the add-ons first and then go for a another tool. One tool that I will recommend you to use is Ezvid. It is really easy to use and has a bit of effective options. It offers you a time line on which you can adjust audio over videos. So that makes more easier to create a tutorial video of your choice. You can add video separately. There is no need speak while recording. So that allows you to add more better accuracy in video production. The tool is simple to use. I think this is one of the best one to create short tutorial videos. There are certain slideshow effects available on it that you can add in your video making it more interactive. Another tool which I am using is Camstudio. Now this is bit advance and comes in free version. it is open source tool. This is a great tool for video recording offering you proper output. But it is resource intensive.

There are many online screen recorders that you can use. One of them is screen. If screen-o-matic is crashing then try something else. That would be more better I think. You can find a huge list of different screen recorders on Google.

According to me go for some advance tool which you can use every time. That would be more easier. I can list you some different add-ons for Firefox through which you can capture your screen and make relative videos. One of them is Screen Capture Elite. This is a effective tool. But if this does not fulfill your requirement then there are more available. CaptureFox is another addon that you can use on your web browser. While for desktop usage I will also recommend you to stick Camstudio. This tool is free to use. It is easy also. The tool comes with all features and changes which are needed to record screen. You can mute audio also. For screen recording you will need to find a tool that can give you maximum resolution output. Screen-o-matic is the most simplest and best among all. But somehow it is not stable for long run. If your system performance is poor, or if your web browser is not stable then it will crash. Instead of browser based recording it is more better to stick with desktop based tool. You can add a video editor also to make changes later on.