Thread: Chat messenger addon for a web browser

Chat messenger addon for a web browser

Is there any chat messenger addon available for Mozilla Firefox. I am looking for a simple solution by which I can simply add all my chat ids to the web browser and chat them. I do not want to add different messenger on my system. I am having a netbook. My prime objective is to get a consolidate solution for gmail accounts. I am having around 4 accounts and each of them have different groups of people. I cannot find anything except pidgin. But it has some issue with yahoo. Can I integrated that in a web browser.

Re: Chat messenger addon for a web browser

Go for pidgin. That is the best alternative to use multiple accounts on a single pc. For Yahoo file sharing will not work, others things are proper. Also there is a bit issue with conference chat. But for browser I do not think there is any addon available. Try to find the same in Chrome.

Chrome offers you a application for using gtalk on Chrome. Chrome is the only browser that offers you ample of great apps for the browser itself. But if you keep on adding the same the browser goes slow. I know one application that can offer you gmail chat over the web browser. There is app available called as Talk.To. It is actually a web based version but works really well on Google Chrome. In this application you can use Facebook, Google Talk and WindowsLive. You can use all of this ids on the application and works really fine. The chat messenger lies in the browser so it is also not visible on the desktop. Chrome takes gmail id to add any application or to configure the chat messenger. So you can simply test the same and checkout whether it works fine or not. The benefit of using this chat app on Google Chrome is that you can use different accounts are the same time.I think it allows you to add unlimited gmail accounts. Also at the same time you can add your facebook account in that. But there is no support available for Yahoo. For desktop based clients pidgin looks to be one of the best one and easiest to use.

I think if you can stick with the web based messenger then that would be more easier. That is one of the best way to use different accounts at a single place. You just have to create a account on one of those web based messenger websites and done.

There are ample of web messengers available. Like eBuddy. I am using this one and it adds almost all account at one place. I think this is one of the best web based messenger. You can add different accounts on it and use it as a single place to chat. I found it convenient also. The benefit of having a web messenger is that you just need one id and all your account is already synced on it. You can chat with different groups at the same time. For desktop client I do not think beside pidgin there is any other option available. It is the only single chat messenger that works fine with different accounts. I am using yahoo and gmail on it. There are certain limitations but compare to yahoo it is really less resource intensive. It works fine and there is no freezing issue. While with yahoo I had constantly faced performance problem. There must be some kind of chat messenger available on the web which must allow use to use different kind of chat accounts instantly with us. So that it is easy to keep everything at one place. Another issue with web based messenger lies with slow browser issue.