Thread: Lost my email after switching to Outlook.com account

Lost my email after switching to Outlook.com account

I am in need of urgent help from you all. I recently forced to switch to Outlook.com from Hotmail by Microsoft. However i dont like at all the new web based outlook because sometimes it works very slow and due to integration of Facebook contents in the messages. Well that's the later problem. I am here to know where are all my emails gone after switching to this email client? I mean i had over thousands of email but now i can see only few of them, not even hundred.

Somebody please help me to retrieve my emails as those were very necessary for me.

Re: Lost my email after switching to Outlook.com account

There is no such problems with new Outlook.com where you lose your emails or something. I am using the same as well, i didn't lost a single mail so far. Can you just tell me if you have not used your account for more than 270 days for a single time? If yes, then your accounts gets deactivated and hence you loose all your emails.

That’s weird dude, because this is my main email account and I remain it online daily for about 18 hours. So there is no chance my account getting deactivate for whatever reason.

Can anyone please tell me where and what is the problem?

Well switching from Hotmail or Live Mail to Outlook.com just cannot delete your mails ‘abela’, however there could be several other reasons which can do that. Some of them are if you have configured your Outlook account on any other device of software as POP and set to delete the emails from its original location (that is your outlook inbox) than emails will be lost as you are complaining here.

Secondly, in case you have renamed your xxx@live.com to xxx@outlook.com , then you might have got a prompt asking where do you want to save the emails. In such cases your emails gets moved to some another folder and wont remain in inbox anymore. See if you have had done any of these stuffs.

Thank you again for the help Fullorton, but again I have not done any such thing.

Anyways, I don’t know where does the email gone from the inbox but can anyone please tell me if there is any way we can retrieve the deleted emails?

Yes, there is an option to recover deleted emails from Outlook. In the left pane of the Outlook window, click the Deleted folder. At the bottom of the window, click recover deleted messages. Outlook will recover as many messages as possible and put them in your Deleted folder. If you don't see the deleted messages that you wanted, it means they are permanently lost. When the recovered messages are back in your Deleted folder, you should move the important ones back to your inbox or personal folders because the Deleted folder gets cleaned out periodically. Hope that helps.