Thread: Outlook.com is running very slow

Outlook.com is running very slow

As my title says, i am facing huge problem since i upgraded to new outlook.com. I was using live mail since long but never had any issue but since started using outlook, some times it just make me annoy. Sometimes it starts working so slow that i need to wait for a minute or two for getting the mail opened. This is neither my browser's nor my system's problem because rest all the things are working fine.

Is it just me or somebody else noticing the same issue? Is there any working solution to fix it? If not, please let me know how can i revert back to the Live Mail? Many thanks.

Re: Outlook.com is running very slow

I think it is only you or atleast not me because even i am using Outlook since months and never noticed any such problem. Outlook is completely as web based application and it should work like all other web sites or email clients such as Google or Yahoo. Anyways, here are few things you should try out:

First of all try clearing the cache of your browser. Most of the times cache and cookies use to create the problems. If still it is working slow then better try out another browser or update your existing browser. See if it makes any difference.

Yeah, many people have noticed outlook running slow including me. But the better fix to get rid of this issue is compatible and updated web browser. First of all clear the cache and temp files as mentioned above by Orlando, if that doesn't fixes the issue, here is the list of proven compatible browsers for new outlook.com:
    • Windows Internet Explorer 8
    • Google Chrome 23
    • Firefox 17

Though these are old versions but they work fine for outlook.

I appreciate your helps guys but none of your suggestions worked so far. I tried almost all browsers, clear their temp files, cookies, etc but still the problem persists. Also as you (Santy)said to download/install earlier versions of browsers, that sounds bit annoying because most of the people saying me to update to the most recent version, well I did that. Now you say to uninstall and go back. Unfortunately I don’t have so much of time. Is their any other way, please?

Santy just let you know what is best for running Outlook.com. If you don’t wanna revert back, no problem, try this alternate fix:

Login to your live account at live.com. Now click on Options and you will find an option called “Connect with HTTPS”, click the same and select “Use HTTPS automatically”. Save the settings and open Outlook.com. Hopefully it should work fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by deep123 View Post
    Login to your live account at live.com. Now click on Options and you will find an option called “Connect with HTTPS”, click the same and select “Use HTTPS automatically”. Save the settings and open Outlook.com.
    Thank you very much for the help Deep123, that did the trick. What was wrong with the HTTPS? I didn’t understood how does it matter but it worked. Appreciated.