Thread: solving "You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com"

solving "You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com"

Hello all,

Everytime I try to sign into my Outlook.com account then I am getting an error message that says "You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com account)". I tried to sign out from Office 365 account and even after that getting the same error message? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Re: solving "You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com"

Most of the users were facing this issue and therefore this problem was submitted to microsoft experts for checking purpose. In any case, to prevent getting this error message when accessing your account, just check if your MS account was registered in Office 365 or it is still being, then you need to ensure that you are signed out from any MS services. You can also try to clear your web browsers cookies and cache and then try to sign into the account from this link - http://mail.office365.com/. Now check if you are getting the same error or not.

Re: solving "You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com"

Also check whether your MS account doesnt end with .edu domain extension name and also if it is managed by any domain admin, then make sure to sign out from any MS services. And then do the steps to clear your browser's cookies and cache. After that sign into your account via this link - http://www.outlook.com/[yourdomainextensionname]. If this doesnt work then you will need to cotact your domain admin for some troubleshooting.

Even I was facing the same issue when I was trying to access my university's account. After alot of digging I found out a solution. All I had to do was go into Settings and then Privacy and then Clear Browsing Data. I also check marked to empty the cache along with delete cookies and other website and plug-in data. After doing all this steps, I am now able to access my Outlook account without any problems.