Thread: Youtube videos stays at 0:00 until refreshing the page

Youtube videos stays at 0:00 until refreshing the page

The problem started since yesterday. Whenever i try to play a video on youtube the page loads, all buttons loads fine but the video wont start at all. The duration i can see remains 00:00. The only way to make it play is refreshing the page again. Once refreshed, video starts fines and play without any issues.

But why is it happening when i click any video for the first time? Why does it requires a refresh to play? To find out whether the problem is with browser i tried playing Youtube on Firefox, Opera and chrome, same problem every where.

Re: Youtube videos stays at 0:00 until refreshing the page

There could be several reasons for the same. As you know YouTube team is working daily on the site keeps doing some changes. So to be compatible for Youtube videos your browser must also be upgraded to the latest version. So the first thing you need to do is update your browsers to the latest version. Secondly you should have the most recent version of Flash player installed on the system. Once done, try playing some videos and let me know if you still facing the same problem. By the way, what is your internet speed?

Well i am using Google Chrome v27 and Mozilla Firefox v22, i think these are the most latest versions, right? But still the problem occurs with youtube on both of these browsers.

What to do ? The problem is not huge but too annoying. Please help.

I have been through this problem and managed to fix it by simply upgrading to HTML beta player. I don’t know the problem got resolved by doing this or something else but you should give it a try. Just visit this page and click on Join the HTML5 Trail button. Make sure you are singed in to your YouTube account. Now restart open youtube in new tab and see if it starts loading fine.

That doesn’t help me, instead youtube gets even worse. Youtube has been my favorite for streaming videos since long time but as they keep doing trying new stuffs every day, it is now getting annoying day by day. Even I have several such problems with youtube no matter what browser I use or with or w/o HTML5. They need to work hard in this.

Well I don’t think there is any problem with the Youtube or its new interface. Probably problem would be from your PC end itself. It may be your internet connection, Flash Player or even y our Browser cache and cookies. Try updating Flash player to the latest version, check if your broadband FUP limit is left and even cleanup your browser. Delete all cookies and cache, restart the browser and then open YouTube. It should work fine.