Thread: "Connection to server lost" youtube error on android phone

"Connection to server lost" youtube error on android phone

I am having Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device. I had installed Youtube app on the same. I was using this app from long time on wifi for streaming videos. Recently I had activated mobile internet plan on the same. After that I am not able to stream content from YouTube. It is giving me some connection to server lost error constantly. While I tested the same on certain wifi where it worked. The streaming is going well on some other hotspot. Can anyone help me to fix the issue.

Re: "Connection to server lost" youtube error on android phone

Can be problem with your service provider. Try to contact him for the same. YouTube apps works fine here on my phone. I am using a Airtel connection and has no such issue. Sometime the problem lies with service provider due to which you face such problem.

I got the issue on my Gingerbread device. I downloaded the application from Google Play. It looks to be working fine on starts. But later on it started giving me server connectivity errors. It is a bit complicated to troubleshoot the same. I tried number of things here. First I removed the application and installed it back. That resolved the issue. But that was for sometime only. Because it was not completely fixed. The issue appeared back after couple of days. I am still not able to figure out the cause of problem. While when I stream the same on wifi it works fine. The app works just great on it. It looks the mobile internet is not capable of streaming videos from Youtube. It requires more higher bandwidth. My friend is having a 3G Sim tablet where he streaming the same kind of videos which I am trying to. It worked well. The only difference lies between his and my devices is the mobile internet plan. I am having a regular 2G connection while he owns a 3G connection which is much faster and better here. Is there any other application available on Google Play that can allows us more better video streaming.

When you play a video from YouTube you can see a HD icon just on the start of play bar. You have to tap on it and disable HD. In this way the video is played on low quality and output is quiet better. You are trying to stream a hd video due to which you are facing issue.

Try to update the app and test back. I think that might be enough to fix the issue. Sometime outdated applications does not really work well with video streaming. It is essential that you must use the most recent version. There is only single app available on Google Play that works best for YouTube. I usually use it in web browser. Where I never face such issue. You can download Opera or UC Browser which are simply great for android devices. You can run youtube websites on it and you can stream content instantly. While on application sometime streaming errors are located. There is no great difference in playing video on a web browser or on the application. They work exactly the same. You can play them on full screen also. One more tool you can test in your device is SMART Movie for YouTube. This is another great app for streaming YouTube content and it works really fine. The connectivity errors are generated mostly when your internet connection breaks. It is essential that it must be constant at the time of playing videos. If this keeps on breaking you will get the same error again and again.