Thread: Youtube error "Your settings could not be saved: Invalid request, authentication expired"

Youtube error "Your settings could not be saved: Invalid request, authentication expired"

I created a YouTube account this morning itself to post some self made videos. Account creation went fine without any problem, even verified it comfortably but later when i was trying to upload the videos, i kept getting an error message saying:

"Your settings could not be saved: Invalid request, authentication expired."

This is getting annoyed because i tried logging out and login again, restarted the browser, even restarted the computer but still get the same error message. Damn, i wasted about two hours just to troubleshoot this error. Can anyone please tell me what is the problem and how can i fix it?

Many thanks.

Re: Youtube error "Your settings could not be saved: Invalid request, authentication expired"

I am sure you are using the Firefox browser, right? Are you getting the same error messages on other browsers as well like IE, Opera or chrome?

I have seen this error with several users and one thing which was common for every one was the Firefox with extensions like DownloadHelper or DownThemAll. These extensions have huge conflict with YouTube videos. Hence, either uninstall those extensions or use other browser for YouTube access.

Re: Youtube error "Your settings could not be saved: Invalid request, authentication expired"

Well their could be several reasons for this error message for example, if you have opened YouTube in multiple tabs on your browser and if you logged out from anyone of them, you will receive this error because if logged out from one tab, it log you out from entire youtube site. Also make sure that you have verified the youtube account with your phone number, it is completely safe. If still you get the same error message than simply try out clearing your web browser cache and cookies. Doing this helps number of times.

Thanks for all your helps guys but the problem was something else. Neither i was logged out from from any tab nor the problem was with any extension because the problem was with all browsers. Here is what i did to fix the problem. I just opened Internet Explorer, deleted all Temporary Internet Files and Cookies. Also cleared the cache. thats it. Restarted the browser and problem gone. If anyone else facing this error with youtube, just try doing the same with any of your browser.

Glad to hear that you managed to fix the problem by clearing temp data and cache. But that didn’t worked for me. In my case it was the browser extension itself. As Harnoor said, I was getting problem in Firefox due to DownloadHelper, in opera as well and even safari was creating the problem because of an extension called NetVideoHunter. However the error never appeared in Chrome because there was no such extensions installed.

Just to make sure I uninstalled all those extensions from firefox and other browsers, guess what, problem disappeared from firefox, opera and safari as well. So these extensions are also the cause of that error message.