Thread: Only light blue screen loading on google chrome browser

Only light blue screen loading on google chrome browser

I was using Chrome v25 from past few months without any issue. This is my default web browser. yesterday i upgraded it to Version 26.0, upgrade went fine without any problem but when the browser opened for the first time after update, i was just able to see a blank screen in light blue color. I remember it use to be full white with either speed dials or chrome store apps.

I tried restarting the browser, no help. Restart the system itself but yet the same result. Uninstalled and re-installed Chrome but yet the same problem. What happened to Chrome? Is this the problem with all users having Version 26.0? If not, is there any fix for the same? I really need to fix it as it is my default web browser. Please help.

Re: Only light blue screen loading on google chrome browser

I haven't seen this screen on my Chrome Browser so far and let me tell you that even i am using the version 26.0. So definitely this is not the problem with Chrome v26, but something else. As i like to learn stuffs, i did some searches on this problem and found that several chrome users reported this error couple of months ago with Chrome v22. Yes they used to get blue blank screen whenever they launch or open new tab. After workaround it was found that the problem was because of Norton Security.

Do yo have norton antivirus installed on your computer? If yes, then probably it is the one creating this issue. You might need to uninstall it completely from the system because disabling it temporarily doesn't makes any difference. Give a try and see if it helps.

Well, Chrome is in now version 27. Why dont you simply upgrade the browser to latest version. It will fix the problem without any manual troubleshooting. Just make sure one thing. Before download the latest version, uninstall the existing version completely from your system. By saying completely i mean to delete its all left over files and traces. Restart the computer and then download/install the latest version.

I have been through this problem earlier where I use to have only bluescreen. In order to fix the same I did several things on my own without knowing whether it will fix the problem. Surprisingly one of them worked. I don’t know whether it will work for you or not but you can give it a try. What I did was killed each chrome.exe processes running in my task manager. Open Chrome, go to Task manager, Process Tab and right click > kill all chrome processes. Now start the browser again. See if you still get the same light blue screen.

This Blue screen problem has been with Chrome v22, v26 and even with n27 for some users. Hence the best solution I have found so far to get rid of this issue is in two steps. First, forget the latest or recent version and download/install Chrome v17 or v18. You can get it for download from here. Once installed simply disable the Chrome autoupdate function following these steps . That’s it. I bet you will not get that blue screen issue again.

Thanks a lot for sharing such useful solution Ken. Appreciated. You were right, I tried updating the browser to latest v27 but the problem remained as it is. Finally downloading v18 and following those steps fixed the problem. Many thanks.