Thread: Google chrome youtube error "couldn't load plugin"

Google chrome youtube error "couldn't load plugin"

Though i already have few web browsers installed on my Windows 7 system including IE 9, Firefox 20 and Opera 13, i installed Chrome v26.0 because of some special requirement. Installation went fine and browsing is also good but there is a problem with YouTube. Whenever i open YouTube and click any video, it gives me an error message saying "couldn't load plugin".

This is surprising because i have the Flash player installed on my system and all other browsers are able to run YouTube videos without any issue. So what's the only problem with Chrome? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Google chrome youtube error "couldn't load plugin"

As you said YouTube is working fine in all other web browsers but the problem is only with Chrome, then here is the fully working solution for the same.
    • Open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\
    • Open PepperFlash folder and you will see a folder named as "11.5.31.138"
    • Simply right click this folder and go to its Properties.
    • Click "Security" tab, select your username and click Edit.
    • Check "Allow" for all of the permissions. Click OK.

That's it. Now restart the browser and see if still you are getting the same problem. Hopefully wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Samudrasen View Post
    This is surprising because i have the Flash player installed on my system and all other browsers are able to run YouTube videos without any issue. So what's the only problem with Chrome? Any help would be appreciated.
    Apart from Flash Player browser also need Flash Player Plugin to be installed in the browser to work with Flash Contents. Many times due to security we disable the add-ons/plugins manually or sometimes it gets disabled automatically. This could be the case with you. Just make sure that the plugin is installed and enabled in Chrome.

Thanks for the suggest Quintessa but that was not the case here. I would like to appreciate your help Maq. You solutions fixed the problem. I have never heard about that folder and I can imaging it could be the cause of this issues.

Anyways, help appreciated.