Thread: uninstall bing toolbar in firefox and dont let it search anything when typing into url box

uninstall bing toolbar in firefox and dont let it search anything when typing into url box

I have downloaded the latest version of Firefox on my computer and after opening the browser I found out that the bing toolbar was present at the top of firefox browser. I didnt want it, so I was trying to remove it and have successfully done so. But even after uninstalling it, whenever I search in the url box for any product or anything, then bing search will open with the things that I have searched for. Now I am trying to know how to let firefox to not use bing search for anything that I type in its url box? Thanks

Re: uninstall bing toolbar in firefox and dont let it search anything when typing into url box

Can you check if the same issue occures in Safe Mode as well? If not then it might be happening due to some extension or toolbar that is installed in your computer. To get into safe mode of firefox, follow the below steps:
    1. First of all open Firefox and at the top of the window click on Help Menu.
    2. After that select Restart with Add-ons disabled.
    3. Now, firefox will start itself with the Safe Mode option.
    4. Another way to start Firefox in Safe Mode is to hold the shift key while Firefox is starting usually.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Re: uninstall bing toolbar in firefox and dont let it search anything when typing into url box

I think that you dont have the search toolbar but you might have installed somethings from Bing tool which could have also added somethings and changed the search settings, so therefore the search settings in your firefox browser might be hijacked in the about:config of firefox browser. Anyways, open Firefox and then go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > andthen remove bing toolbar and restart Firefox and see if that solves the issue.

Even I was facing similar issue and I searched at many places to delete the bing toolbar, but nothing worked for me. But just then it occured to me and I went into the Tools > Options and then found out that the home page was changed. I simply changed the home page to what it was prior to bing changing it, and then everything started working fine and there was no more bing search coming up for any searches that I was doing in the url box.