Thread: Does Opera Next 15 still uses Webkit?

Does Opera Next 15 still uses Webkit?

This is the first time when opera switched to Chromium engine from Presto delivering a ultra-fast web browsing experience. The web browser looks to be better this time but I am looking for what new things are added for the web developers. When the browser switches to Chromium web engine then automatically it is going to use Blink instead of Webkit as the rendering engine. I am a bit confused with the same. I had gone through some articles but they are not fair enough to explain about this.

Re: Does Opera Next 15 still uses Webkit?

New browser simply means more performance and better output. Opera 15 is greater in terms of surfing and output. The browser is best recommended for Android platform. Working on the new Chromium Engine this web browser looks to be performing really great. While you are right on Blink. Based on Chromium surely Opera 15 will have Blink instead of Webkit.

Webkit is a old new know. The day when opera switched to Chromium engine it is on Blink now. Rightnow it looks Opera is more intended in giving high performance. Based on Chrome, it will offer a better page loading feature which will make surfing more easier even when you are network does not work well. So that is prime motive here. Today websites are loaded with tons of new things which makes a browser work hardware to render it properly with all stuff. Sometime due to lack of proper connectivity or updates the pages does not appear proper. This also limit the usage here. Opera 15 is a next generation browser that offers great performance output. There is a new Speed Dial introduced in the new browser. This one here simply supports folder also. So that the user can have more flexibility in using the same. They just organize the folders the way they want. Another important thing that really matters here is the browser stability. You cannot just simply ignore that. Web browsers are the only medium today to access web, and today we are not just not accessing plain html files. We are opening more than that. So here Opera Next is a better browser this time with Blink rendering engine, offering faster page accessibility.

Webkit was used on Opera for sometime only. Later on it is switched to Blink now. I did not find any great features here. But it is cool from developers point of view. For the end users view, they just only expect good and easy surfing.

I am actually confused here. Some site says that Opera has switched to Blink while some says that it still uses Webkit. That is really weird. I was also checking out some articles based on that. I landed on a site dedicated to mobile phones. They had a news that shows Opera Next 15 is still a Webkit browser. Now that was for the beta edition. The final is not yet announced. So as per that article the existing beta version of Opera Next 15 is still using Webkit. Somehow it does not really matters for a end user. But if there is Blink the performance is more better. The output is great. This woud be one of the biggest change by opera. Another major improvement done to this new browser is changes in the UI. Which is commonly done to every new edition. The added new feature makes the browser better in terms of usage. As mentioned above the Speed Dail is more useful here and there are additional options like Stash or Discover. This time in Speed Dial you can make different folders and arrange your bookmarks. So that your job is more easier here. While the Discover tab is another great usability output . It allows you to find out content from multiple sources at the same time. The browser looks impressive simply giving out performance and as well as features.

The change which I discover is fast browsing experience. It is really cool. The new changes are great here. I was not really using Opera before, but tested the new version and really happy with the new things. The output is really improved.

By default my web browser on my tablet was opera. I never found anything better than this for portable devices. While desktop I stick to Mozilla. But there is a great performance issue with that browser. Later on installed Opera and things are working well. The browser looks to be really better compare to how it was in older time. I expect to have a better download manager in this. The existing one is dull. Many of us know that Opera can also handle Torrent links. But the download manager is resource intensive. When you add more torrent files or simply add multiple downloads it starts freezing the entire browser. I do not think that is associated with Webkit or Blink here. Does the browser rendering engine can put impact on downloads also. This browser is in the beta edition rightnow and I think after a while of testing the final version will be more better. The output really matters here.

It is a great browser with clean interface and new stuff in it. I like the speed here. Once the page is loaded, the next time when you open it back again the page opens up really fast. I think everyone must try it once.