Thread: Between Outlook.com and Gmail which one do you prefer the most

Between Outlook.com and Gmail which one do you prefer the most

Microsoft has recently started its own web mail service. It has virtualize the email client outlook on web. I am having a live account and gmail account already. Among this two I am trying to use one as by business id. For Gmail I like the simplicity and different service integration like Google Drive, Youtube, etc. While in Outlook I like the interface and it is relatively low on spamming. But there are ample of things it is missing. I just want some advice that among this two which one will be more better.

Re: Between Outlook.com and Gmail which one do you prefer the most

I am using Outlook.com and I am quiet happy with the same. It offers options to manage their email online in simple way which is also quiet fast and secure. The look is mostly based Windows 8 Metro style. Microsoft really took a bit long time to finally replace the existing interface of Hotmail.

I think Gmail is good enough. I too agree that it has a bit issue with spamming but if you keep a close track on them then it can be avoided. Gmail is good because it is fast and simple. Being a Google's service you can use it on wide platforms. It offers you many additional integrated services with google drive and youtube integration. It is best because here you can keep everything at one place. There is no need to signup a new account for different services. You can just through your gmail id, simply integrate your youtube channel and do a lot more thing. It is very easy to manage also. Via Google Drive you can maintain your files and edit them online only. Which works really well. While for Hotmail I had used Skydrive. I found it very basic and complicated to use. Compare to that Google drive is far more simpler and supports ample of file formats. Then it also offers you a direct link to share files with other people

I will also go with gmail. Because it works well on mobile phones. I had tested Outlook that is a bit annoying. Gmails has a different and far more optimized editions of mail service for mobile phones. You can simply use the same to access files and send emails instantly.

Outlook.com is meant for professional usage. It has ample of cool features which you cannot ignore. After replacing Hotmail, Microsoft is simply trying to enhance the interface of its web mails service. So that the user scan get more better readability of web browser. Along with email it offers you a easy option to connect your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google and Skype account to the single service. So that makes it more flexible. Compare to any other web mail, I think Outlook is more better in fighting with spam. This service has number of nice features. To manage attachments which are higher than 25 MB, you can use SkyDrive integration with the same. There is nice amount of free space available by which you can simply share large files with your friends. Due to the new changes it being accepted by many. But we are quiet addicted to gmail, it will take some time to complete understand outlook.com.

Both looks fine to me. But I am a Yahoo user. And I am using the mail provided on it from a long time. I found it simply great. I am looking for some kind of email service which has a more better management of emails via different folders. I think that would be simply great.

Why many like outlook is due to the new interface. But you are forgetting that even Gmail is revived. I like Gmail due to fast performance which outlook lack. Like you can simply upload all your photos in Picasa using the same gmail account and share it with others. There are dedicated applications available for Picasa. Which allows you to download and upload the files instantly. To beat Gmail, Outlook will have to do something more better. There are more changes which are needed. Because already Gmail is a more steps ahead compare to Outlook. I am not just talking about the interface but features also. If you compare both of them side by side, you can simply find that Gmail here gains a bit more point.