Thread: Internet Explorer 10 wont work in desktop mode on Windows 8

Internet Explorer 10 wont work in desktop mode on Windows 8

I am running Windows 8 on my computer and everytime if I open IE10 using the metro application then it works properly but when if I try to open it in desktop mode then it will not do anything. It will just open a blank screen and it will give me question mark in address bar if I try to search something. Also, if I want to use the tools then I am only able to choose File and Safety, the internet options cant be selected. I am really frustrated because I am not able to change any settings in the metro application. Can anyone please help. Thanks.

Re: Internet Explorer 10 wont work in desktop mode on Windows 8

All you have to do is, search for internet option in Metro and open it. After that you have to go to Programs tab and manage addon and then disable addons that you will not use and check if that fixes your issue. If it does not then you can report back by posting.

You can try to follow the below method and see if that works for you or not:

1. When you are in the metro mode then type "Windows feature turn off or on"
    2. After that select "settings" and click on it
    3. Now check in the programs listed, check whether "Internet Explorer 10" is selected or not:
    4. If not selected, then try to select it windows will restart, and IE should work now.
    5. If you have selected, unselect it once and then it will ask to restart after coming to metro mode, do the step 1, step 2, and then step 3 and then check if IE should work now.

Can you try to run Internet Explorer Safety troubleshooter, so follow the below steps to solve your issue:
    1. First of all press Windows Key+W key together.
    2. After that write Troubleshooting in the search box present on the Top right corner.
    3. Now you have to click on the Troubleshooting option that you get after the search.
    4. Now you have to click on View All option present on the top left corner.
    5. After that you can select Internet Explorer safety and follow the steps which are prompted to you.
    6. After that click on Next and follow the steps.

You might want to try resetting Internet Explorer. When you reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ins and customizations are deleted. You basically start with a fresh version of Internet Explorer. This article helps you reset Internet Explorer. To do the same follow the link given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737