Thread: remove searchnu.com/406 from google chrome

remove searchnu.com/406 from google chrome

I dont know how did this search engine got installed on my computer on google chrome browser. I am also not able to remove it from the options? Does anyone know how to remove searchnu.com/406 search engine from chrome browser? It is very irritating and makes the browser lag occasionally. Any ideas?

Re: remove searchnu.com/406 from google chrome

This problem usually happens when a third party software is installed on the machine or computer and those software might be having an additional installation package of the same search engine and once it is checked mark in the installation then it also gets installed in the machine. Note that this toolbar will also change the browser's settings. So to remove this extensions, follow the below steps:
    1. First of all click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
    2. After that click Tools and then select Extensions.
    3. Now you have to click the trash can icon Remove an extension from Chrome by the extension you'd like to completely remove.
    4. Then you will get a confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.

Even I was facing this similar issue but somehow I was able to remove this search engine from my computer. I hade removed Google and then reinstalled it again, 2-3 times before syncing with the google account that I am using, and there was no problem. But later on when I synched it with my Google Account, then the Searchnu came back once again. So, it seems the only way to use chrome is by not syncing to google account, until a proper solution comes to get rid of this infection.

Can you try to go to Start and then Computer and then Local Disk and then Program files and find the folder for the Searchnu search engine and delete that. After that go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features and from there try to remove the same program on the date that the issue started. It could be hidden there somewhere in the third party software that you may have installed same day or so.