Thread: Looking for some good security add-on for Firefox

Looking for some good security add-on for Firefox

I am looking for some good security addons for firefox. I am bit annoyed with those unnecessary ads on my screen. I am not using any other web browser. I prefer Firefox. It works quiet well. I need some good add-ons that can help me to keep aways this unwanted ads and popups. Also if there is any good tool to keep privacy more stronger. I am using a free edition of AVG antivirus which does not looks to be working really well. I am bit annoyed with this.

Re: Looking for some good security add-on for Firefox

The most popular addon to block ads on a web page is adblock. Add this to your web browser. It works great. I am using this. When you add this on your browser there will be no ads at all whatever page you open. It is great for surfing also. There are no un-necessary banners and those blocks. The page also loads a bit faster. But this does not work on video ads. Like on Youtube. It does not work on it. I hope in future there will be some additional option available for the same.

If you are looking for security then there is one addon that I am using from long time. It is called as NoScript. It simply blocks script from web pages which are not trusted. It is safe to use and it is recommended if you are doing a lots of banking transaction on your pc. A number of un-wanted popups are simply blocked by it and it prevent any script to launch. For your privacy you can use Ghostery. It blocks tracking cookies on your web browser and block them from collecting your info.

There are ample of add-ons available on the web. But for better privacy it is recommended to use a good internet security tool. You cannot simply rely on tiny browser add-ons. I am using the latest edition of Norton Internet Security. It works great. There is a browser addon available for the same which keeps a eye on web browsing. So in case if there are unwanted stuff it notifies before landing on the page. There are many internet security suit available on the web that you can download and install in your system.

I am using DonotTrackMe and LastPass Password Manager. This two tools are awesome. The first one DonotTrackMe blocks all the tracking stuff of a web page. Your information does not goes on the web. Due to which you do not receive unwanted popups on your screen. And LastPass Password Manager is a great password manager software that help you to securely store all passwords at a single place. You can simply go in addons.mozilla.org to find the latest security addons.