Thread: youtube videos completely black on Opera 11.61

youtube videos completely black on Opera 11.61

I am using Opera browser 11.61 version on my computer and I am facing some issues with youtube vidoes on it. It will usually give some black screen and even when I reload or refresh the browser still I get the same issue. I have user Internet Explorer and firefox and it is working properly without any issues. So I think that the problem is with the browser itself or the adobe flash version. Can anyone please help? Thanks

Re: youtube videos completely black on Opera 11.61

Which version of Adobe Flash player have you installed for the Opera browser? Many browser such as Internet Explorer and Firefox use different flash version, so you will need to install the latest one for the opera browser as well. Just try to open adobe website and then install the latest version of adobe flash player. It will solve your issue once and for all.

You need to also ensure that the JavaScript is enabled in the browser. Also, check for any extensions that you have is causing trouble, and then disable all those. There was an extension called NoAds which used to cause the black screen issue on youtube videos, if it is installed and enabled then immediately disable it.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Have you checked whether Opera recognizes the Adobe Flash or Shockwave Flash plugin? You can check the same by putting this into the address bar - opera:plugins. After that check to ensure that the plugins are enabled. You can press F12 to enable the "Enable Plug-Ins" also or else you can try to open Opera browser then go into Settings >> Quick Preferences >> and enable the "Enable Plug-Ins". Hope this helps.