Thread: D-Link DWM-156 keeps saying "Dial up failed"

D-Link DWM-156 keeps saying "Dial up failed"

I picked up DWM-156 HSUPA 3.75G USB Adapter today but it seems as if there is something wrong with it. I have inserted my Vodafone card and have configured the same but I get "Dial up failed" error message all the time. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the configuration, has anyone else face such issue with D-Link DWM-156 ?? Or there is something wrong with my piece.

Re: D-Link DWM-156 keeps saying "Dial up failed"

Are you quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the configuration?? Did you cross check it in your phone??? If you don’t have any issue in accessing internet via your phone then there might be something wrong with the configuration for your D-Link DWM-156.
    I need a better sig...PM me.

I have cross checked it in my phone. I don’t have a single issue in accessing internet via my phone. Don’t know why it is not working with D-Link DWM-156. I have gone through the diagnostics and its says:
    ps network registration : Registered ,home network
    ps network attachment: attached.
    Is there anything else that I can check out further??? I need to get it working as soon as possible else I’ll return it.

Quote Originally Posted by Udd-hav View Post
    I picked up DWM-156 HSUPA 3.75G USB Adapter today but it seems as if there is something wrong with it. I have inserted my Vodafone card and have configured the same but I get "Dial up failed" error message all the time. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the configuration, has anyone else face such issue with D-Link DWM-156 ?? Or there is something wrong with my piece.
    You can try updating the firmware of your D-Link DWM-156, I doubt if that will work but Ill suggest you to give that a try if you are very sure that you have configured the connection properly.
    The latest firmware for your D-Link DWM-156 is as followed:
    Version: V6.0.1IN
    Date: 10/30/2012
    There are some guide lines that you have to follow, so make sure that you are not missing them. You can download and know learn about the firmware updating process form its official site.

Yes you can try updating the firmware of your D-Link DWM-156. If it works, then well and good. If it doesn’t, then you will have to get it checked. You can contact their customer care before visiting their service center. If there might be something wrong with the settings then they will surely help you out.
    I also wanted to know if you have tried using some other sim card in your D-Link DWM-156 modem??? If you haven’t then you can give that a try. If it works with other sim, then as mentioned you might have not configured your Vodafone sim well. If it doesn’t, then there might be something wrong with your D-Link DWM-156.

I have tried configuring Airtel sim card but I was getting the same error message with that as well. After your suggestion I had contacted their customer support, they suggested me configuring some settings but none of their workaround helped. After carrying out some conversation, even they said me to visit their nearest service center. It seems as if I will have to waste much more to get it working.