Thread: How to track stolen/lost laptop with serial number online

How to track stolen/lost laptop with serial number online

Friends is it possible to track stolen/lost laptop with serial number online? I forgot my laptop in a taxi, it’s been 7 days. I know devices can be tracked with serial number but I want to know if that’s possible online or using any software?? I will like to know any possible option of tracking my laptop, so any help on this matter will be appreciated.

Re: How to track stolen/lost laptop with serial number online

The only possible option to get it back is lodging a complaint in police station. They will let you know what you will have to do to get it back. There is no online site and I don’t think there might be any other possible solution as well.

Yes there is no online site to track any device via serial number. You can contact your manufacturer service center. They might have some procedure or software to track their laptop. However, you will have to lodge a police complaint first and submit a copy to the manufacturer, only after that they will help you. I wanted to share that one of y friends has lost his laptop, after lodging a complaint he got it after a month. The process of tracing the phone might take time and the Police won’t assure you that they’ll surely find it out. They’ll try their best and you will have to be patient till the time they revert back to you.

You can subscribe to Lojack or TrackItBack computer tracking services. They are popular laptop tracking service providers and they will track your laptop for a fee. They will keep notifying you about the search form time to time. I haven’t used their service but I have heard that they are best in tracking laptops. You will have to provide details like model number, serial number etc. If you don’t mind then give it a try and post back if you are able to get your laptop back.

There is a software program for tracking your laptop and it is called Adeona. It’s an open-source laptop tracing software program and you can download it from its official site. Adeona requires the IP address of your laptop. If you know it then Adeona will help you in finding the place where it was last connected to the internet.
    It will provide you detailed information with time, date and IP address information. Once you get that information you can take help of law enforcement agency for recovering your laptop.

I am already aware of the first suggestion here. I don’t mind contacting Police and manufacturer of the laptop but they will take more time to find it out as they might be having lot of pending cases. I want to recover my laptop as soon as possible. Adeona open-source laptop tracing software program and Lojack or TrackItBack computer tracking services are appearing to be good option. I have never heard of them but I’ll check them out and will let you know if they were helpful. I was hoping for a online site that can help me recovering the laptop as soon as possible, say within a week.