Thread: "Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" pops up frequently even when IE is working fine

"Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" pops up frequently even when IE is working fine

I am facing a very weird issue with Internet explorer. I keep getting “Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" pops up frequently even when IE is working fine. I can cancel the pop up and carry out my task but it has started recurring frequently and it’s very irritating. I don’t know why I am getting fake pop ups. Is there anything I can do about it??? I have been using Internet Explorer from a long time and I don’t want to switch to some other browser, so please let me know if there is any solution to fix this issue.

Re: "Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" pops up frequently even when IE is working fine

Try below things:
    • Disable all add-ons
    • Reset Internet Explorer settings
    • Install latest recommended updates

Just check out these things and let me know if you are able to get rid of that pop – up

Re: "Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" pops up frequently even when IE is working fine

I have tried all of the above things. My system is up to date with latest recommended windows update installed. I have tried disabling add-ons and have tried resetting Internet Explorer but no luck, it made no difference in my case.

Which version of internet explorer you are using??
    Which version of windows you are using??
    This fake popup can occur because of some virus. If you have an antivirus installed than run a through scan in your system and see if it comes up with any malware of virus in its result.

No there is no virus and malware in my system. I have run a through scan using Net protector antivirus and it dint came up with any suspicious result. There is something else that is causing the pop up to come up again and again. I have tried rebooting my system many times as well but no matter what I have tried so far, I haven’t been able to get rid of that pop up. Let me know if there is any other solution that I can try out further, any help on this matter will be appreciated.

You can try performing clean boot.

• Go to start, type msconfig in search and hit enter
    • Now click on “Continue” on the User Account Control and click on Selective startup
    • Uncheck “Load startup items”, click on “Services” tab, check “Hide all Microsoft services”, click Disable all and click on OK.
    • Make sure that you are restarting your system after making the above changes.

If internet explorer starts working fine without that pop up then there might be some service causing a conflict. You can now enable the services that you have disabled one by one and cross check IE.