Thread: Google chrome 23 crashes on startup

Google chrome 23 crashes on startup

I have updated to Google chrome 23 and since then it keeps on crashing on startup. I don’t know what’s wrong, I did not had any issue while using the previous version of chrome. I want to know if there is a fix for this or I should uninstall Google chrome 23 and revert back to the previous version???

Re: Google chrome 23 crashes on startup

Before suggesting you anything further I want to know if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google chrome 23??? Sometimes updating older version of chrome to newer version result in to such issue. In that case one has to uninstall older version and make clean installation of the new one, since you have updated to chrome 23, I will suggest you to reinstall it.
    I think doesn’t that will be a better idea before reverting back to older version.

I agree upon that but I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome and that’s just not making any difference in my case. I have checked out some threads with similar title in this forum itself and have tried out solutions like changing profile, disabling antivirus and all but no avail. Let me know if there is anything else that I can try out for running chrome 23 rather than reverting back to older version.

Which version of windows you are running in your system??? Have you tried running chrome 23 in compatibility mode??? If you haven’t, than run it in compatibility mode and check out if it works fine after that. If you are running windows 7 than you can try running it with “windows xp sp3” compatibility option.

I am running Microsoft windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 3 and below are the compatibility mode option that I have:

I have tried all of them and none of them help, it still crashes on startup, anyways I don’t have patience now and I am reverting back to older version of chrome.

Give this a try:
    • Go to C:\Documents and Settings\user(yourname)\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application
    • Right click on Google Chrome icon and select Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab, check out for Input Settings and uncheck "Turn off advanced text services for this program” option
    • Save the changes you have made by clicking on ok and re launch Google chrome
    • I have found the above workaround to be helping many and i think it will help you out as well.