Thread: After upgrading to Opera 12.02, it is forcing a new start every time

After upgrading to Opera 12.02, it is forcing a new start every time

I have been using Opera for a long time and I am habituated to it. Now just day before yesterday while using Opera 10, I received a notification that an upgraded version of Opera is available for download. So I upgraded my Opera 10 to Opera 12. Now after upgrading, I restarted Opera 12 and let it start. Within some three to four seconds, the browser started and crashed. I thought this must be something regarding the first attempt and thus it must have happened. I tried starting Opera 12 again and it gave me a notification that it is already running. I restarted my PC and tried running Opera 12 again, but again same thing happened. Can someone tell me what the problem can be?

Re: After upgrading to Opera 12.02, it is forcing a new start every time

I think that it is the update that has made the Opera 12 to work wrong. When you click on the update button, it actually updates the files of Opera 12 and keeps the files that are common in Opera 10. It must not be fully installing the complete new files. I suggest that you completely uninstall the Opera 12 from your computer, then again install it by downloading it from the website. I think that it will make it work Opera 12 work properly. It must be some conflict occurring between the files of old Opera 10 and Opera 12.

It seems that there is some bug present in Opera 12 that is causing this trouble in web browser in your PC. You can submit the problem to the developers of Opera 12 who will investigate the problem and tell you what the problem can be. I think that this will be the best option as there is nothing clear about the problem that can be clearly said after reading your question. You can send the screenshots of the notifications and the error messages. I am sure it will help you.

Have you checked the antivirus and its security setup? I mean if the anti-virus is blocking some important file that the web browser needs to work upon during its startup. The anti-virus must be blocking the access to this file which must have led to this error. Also are you using the Opera 12 from administrator’s account? Maybe it must be also affecting the working of Opera 12. Your guest account must not have enough privileges to use Opera 12. It is the first time that I am hearing about this problem. But I am sure that Opera developers will come up with some solution for it.