Thread: Favicons disappearing in Opera Browser all of a sudden

Favicons disappearing in Opera Browser all of a sudden

I have been using Opera 12 browser in my computer for some time now. I have noticed that the favicons in the Opera 12 disappear in between and do not appear then. I have to change the settings of the tool bar to get the favicons back on the browser. But it becomes irritating if I have to do it each and every time. Can someone tell me what the problem is and what I can do about it?

Re: Favicons disappearing in Opera Browser all of a sudden

This is a common issue that many people have encountered while using the Opera 12 browser. No specific reason for this problem was suggested by the developer but it surely is some bug present in this web browser. You can send the developers a request suggesting your problem and maybe they’ll consider your problem. I think that it is some issue of compatibility where Opera 12 must be conflicting with some other web browser.

I am also getting this problem on my computer in Opera 12 web browser. I checked it on all themes, default, third party and so on. But all the themes gave same issue with the favicons. I think that when Opera 12 gets updated on our computer, it doesn’t completely install itself. It must be just upgrading the previous version by replacing certain files. In this process, certain files of the old version must be remaining back creating the problems of the missing favicons.

I think that uninstalling the Opera 12 web browser and then again reinstalling it will help to solve these problems. All we need to do is a fresh installation of the Opera 12. But if the problem still persists, I am giving up on Opera 12 and will start to use Google Chrome. With so many people complaining about this problem, I hope developers bring out a patch or upgrade soon which will help us to solve the problem.