Thread: Which is better among Frostwire and Limewire

Which is better among Frostwire and Limewire

I am stucked between two download managers. My friend showed me using Frostwire which is quiet similar but had a bit enhanced interface. I receive a decent speed on Limewire but it does not really optimize the bandwidth. It fluctuates.

If Frostwire has better bandwidth management I will switch to the same.

Re: Which is better among Frostwire and Limewire

Are you aware that Limewire is discontinued. It is legally blocked by the court and still you are using it. Visit limewire official website you can see the court notice on top of it. I think that is being legally blocked you must stop using it.

I am using Frostwire. It is different. I had worked on Limewire but as it is officially discontinued there was no way to find a proper bitorrent client. I am usint this to share our office presentation files among different branches. We just need to sync the file properly. I am quiet happy using this. Somehow it generates your magnetic links quiet easily. We are on a WAN and through this it became easy to move files from one place to another. It is another P2P client for large file sharing. There are tons of torrent client on web. You can download the one which you find easy to operate. If you need a lighter edition then look for Tixati. It is just plan torrent client mostly use for downloading. It is not heavy and has a decent interface. It loads quiet easily and offer you simple download support.

Some torrent clients tries to force the bandwidth to higher limits. If this is catches by your ISP he will limit your internet bandwidth. So if you are using this illegally then you can face major issues. Torrent clients are mostly meant to share large files. I had used a browser long time ago called as Wyzo which provides you internal torrent client. It works fine, but freezes when you try to work on multiple website and on the same time download is active.

I am using Frostwire. The reason is that it also has android app. You can initiate download from your phone or share your links also.The reason to use this thing is that has cross platform support and works on ample of devices.

Ample of torrent clients are illegal to use. Many of them are used to share content which are copy right protected. Frostwire on the same is safe and is easy to use. You can share files among your friend unless you are not trying to share some content which you are not authorized. In my office we have large size cad files. This consist of 3D models. Now it is not easy to put them in a DVD or simply copy paste in external media. The quickest way to get those file is through torrent links. A link is generated on other branches and we download that in our office. At 4mbps bandwidth this is done within hours.

So for that kind of work you can number of different torrent clients. Do not use for downloading movies, games, etc. There are strict copyright laws that can cause you heavy penalty. That is the reason I think Limewire got legally banned. Frostwire is just similar to that which offer common features. Second thing when there are chances that you might get virus in your system. Because ample of time when you illegally try to download file they load your system with virus.

Frostwire is safe I think. I am using this to share scanned files. It works fine and virus free. There are clients but I would recommend Frostwire for sharing purpose. It is easy to maintain and configure.

The major issue with torrents is that it can cause virus issue. I had seen a number of torrent clients tries to connect with remote server. I am not sure how they do, but I had seen changes in the incoming traffic. I found µTorrent as one of the best and more better one. This is one of the best private tracker for internal usage. I found it nice as it is light and works on many platform. Utorrent is not at all banned and is still used widely. It offer you a malware free environment with SSL support. This is found in other but utorrent is most reliable one. Virus is the most common issue that affects torrent file. If you need a bit better option then you can try Vuze.

Vuze also provides you SSL support but it has a different interface with enhanced bandwidth support. I like the interface that is quiet well compared to uTorrent. The issue that it sometime became very slow. I am not sure about the reason but that really happens. For lightweight support I found utorrent is nice. It has simple interface with simple url downloader. But Vuze has more interactive for multimedia support.

Why don't you stick with a good download manager. Whatever torrent client that we see on web are not safer at all. I had configure one pc on FTP through secure connection and then use a download manager to get files.

Vuze is one of the most trusted and powerful bit-torrent client available. The pro edition of this client offers you direct dvd burn and play options. The tool comes with integrated search box that can help you to find files instantly. I am sure there are very rare torrent clients that provides you internal search options. It is one of the most highly rated torrent client available. The search box not only provides you listing but also give you the strength of trackers available. This torrent clients tries to boost your internet speed.

So you can block that if you find that it is going above the limitations. This is best for performing more than one download at a time. Vuze provides you some quick features related to file sharing. For example you downloaded a file from web and want to share the some on lan. You can use the Local Peer Sharing option to share files instantly among people on the lan. Ample of settings provides easy configuration and instant setup. It provides you a offline download mode. But for that you need to configure the settings in router.