Thread: Is it possible to upgrade Firefox 15 over existing version

Is it possible to upgrade Firefox 15 over existing version

I found in a download site that there is a version of Firefox 15 released. I had also seen Firefox 16. The last version that my system is some 14.x.x version. I want to directly upgrade to Firefox 15 and want to know what new it offers. I hope to get better stability. This 14.x.x version is very irritating. I ask me to update flash every time and when I work multiple tabs the system freezes a lot.

Re: Is it possible to upgrade Firefox 15 over existing version

That is a common issue with Firefox. That really does not work with any version. The same thing happen in my system also. I added new themes and add-on. It updates after every week and still no stability. It looks Firefox is loaded with many stuff.

This version is termed to give better graphic experience on web. I had seen a article which stated that Firefox 15 has powerful support for 3D graphics. After the introduction of HTML5 we expect to have a much better games coming up with 3D output which will work directly in your web browser. There are many changes which made Firefox 15 as a well optimized browser for number of website. I had seen this browser. It works fine. It is recommended that you must load the browser with unwanted stuff or else those issue will be common.

Somehow I am not looking for a nice gaming support, but quiet more than that. I am willing to find a better support for surfing and multi-tab browsing. The issue that I face with Firefox is high ram usage. I have habit of right clicking and opening number of sites at a time. Some of them are loaded with flash content while some of them has video. It freezes like hell a lot time. This issue is very less in Opera. But Opera looks a bit lower in functionality. I had upgraded and not really found anything better in that. There is no need to go for manual download. Just go Help > About Firefox. It will show you the latest update. Download and run that. That's all it will be upgraded to higher version automatically.

The new edition is more enhanced. Firefox works quiet well in my system. I do not understand how you can find it laggy. The browser needs constant updates. You must keep lite while using it.

Add-ons are not stable on Firefox. I am using the 13 version still and disable updates. I had download a add-on that allows me to copy all the URL's of a site. That does not work on the 14th and 15th version. I had already tested that. Mozilla has announced a app store also for Firefox. But yet there is nothing provided in it. It is not access to public. Firefox is the only browser that I had seen which get many updates in less time. I am not sure whether this will improve the performance or not.