Thread: How to re-install Internet Explorer 10

How to re-install Internet Explorer 10

Currently I am running windows 8 consumer preview in my system and I don’t know why Internet Explorer 10 is working very slow and it gets hang frequently as well, it takes more time to load pages and sometimes it loads pages without pictures. I had faced the same issue in windows 7 previously but at that time simply uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Explorer had helped me out. So now I am looking forward to try out the same in Internet Explorer 10 but I am not able to find a option for that.

Re: How to re-install Internet Explorer 10

You can follow the below steps for uninstalling Internet Explorer 10 from windows 8 consumer preview:
    1. First press Win + R from the keyboard and when you get the run window opened then type “appwiz.cpl” without the quotes and hit enter
    2. Now you will get Programs and Features windows opened, so in the left pane click on “Turn Windows features on or off” hyperlink, check out for Internet Explorer in there and uncheck it.
    3. If you get a warning message saying “Turning off Internet explorer 10 might affect other windows features and programs installed on your computer, including default settings. Do you want to continue? “ then simply click on yes and then on OK.
    4. Once you are done with the same just reboot your system and upon reboot you won’t see Internet Explorer in taskbar. Metro version of Internet Explorer will get removed as well.

ELETTRA|, read the whole query first before you give any solution. Sunondo has clearly mentioned that he want to reinstall Internet Explorer 10 and not just disable it. The solution you have posted above is not actually for uninstalling Internet Explorer 10, it’s just for disabling it. Anyways I just wanted to add that you cannot uninstall and reinstall IE 10 in windows 8. If you want then you can try running System File Checker to overcome the problems you have mentioned. For running running System File Checker you just have to type “cmd” without the quotes in the Start screen, right click on it and run it as admin. When you get the command prompt opened then type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit enter. A small scanning process will get started and will end automatically, if it finds any issue with the system file then it will fix it. Just make sure that you are rebooting your system once the process gets completed.

Yes Internet Explorer 10 cannot be uninstalled and reinstalled in windows 8, you can either update it to the latest version when available or disable it if you don’t want to use it. I have come across many people (including me) who have disabled IE 10 because they tend to use Firefox, chrome etc. If you are having issue with 1E 10 then you can better start using Firefox or chrome. I never got Internet explorer working fine in windows 7 and windows 8. I have started using Firefox after getting rid of 1E issues every single day and since then I have continued to use fireforx.

Internet Explorer 10 works great in windows 8 consumer preview, I have experienced it. I really find 1E 10 better as compared to Firefox and chrome. Anyways I think that System File Checker should probably help you out and if at all that doesn’t make any difference in your case then you can try refreshing your PC, not so sure if it might help or not but it’s worth a try. You just have to press Windows key + C, click on settings > Change PC settings > General (Left pane) >Click on get started Under “Refresh your PC without affecting your files”.

When I try to reinstall it comes up with the message that the installation was not complete but then I can't use internet explorer so when I try to uninstall

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhelu View Post
    When I try to reinstall it comes up with the message that the installation was not complete but then I can't use internet explorer so when I try to uninstall
    What operating system are you using? In Windows 8, there is no option to uninstall or reinstall any inbuilt applications that are pre-installed. Usually, you have to use a feature in Windows 8 where you can repair any corrupted applications and thus if there is any problem with IE 10 in the machine, then it will get rectified.