Thread: IE 10 missing from my Windows 8, can i install it separately

IE 10 missing from my Windows 8, can i install it separately

Am a Windows 7 user since its release. But now as Windows 8 is just about to hit the market, i thought to learn and get some expression before its launch. So that i will be able to use the final version comfortably. Hence i download the ISO files and dual booted it on my system following the process mentioned here Dual Booting Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Windows 7 (nice guide, thank you).

Installation went fine but dont know whats wrong with Internet explorer. My system is not having Internet Explorer 10 There is only IE 9, and when i search setup for IE10, i dont get anything. Is there any way to install IE 10 separately on windows 8 ?

Re: IE 10 missing from my Windows 8, can i install it separately

Nope, that is not possible. First, Internet Explorer 10 comes built-in with windows 8, second, it is not available for download separately anywhere on Microsoft's sites. Obviously, not on any other sites as well. So there is no way to get its setup file for downloading or installing. For instance, what you can do is try to run the windows 8 setup DVD again and see if you get any option to repair. If it is there, go with it. hope you get IE10.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Y.K View Post
    My system is not having Internet Explorer 10 There is only IE 9, and when i search setup for IE10, i dont get anything. Is there any way to install IE 10 separately on windows 8 ?
    You can get it for download anywhere. Only thing you can do is re-install entire windows , If it is SO IMPORTANT for you I am too using Windows 8 and i must tell you that i dont even open IE 10 preview. I just dont like its interface,. Better i love to use desktop browser. Also if you want there are various other third party browsers available like opera, firefox, chrome, why dont you go with them.

I think you are right Ronchi,. I should better go with opera, chrome or firefox instead of re-installing Windows 8 again, that also on dual booted system. I would better see it on Final Windows 8 after 2 months

That good thought T.Y.K, but as you said you want to test/learn windows 8, you cannot leave it in this way, right ? Alrite, do one thing, update your windows 8. Now go to search bar on Metro (or Desktop Start menu) and type "Turn Windows features on or off", press enter.

This will bring you to a new window where you can see all features with a small check box. Here Scroll down and see if you can see any listing for Internet Explorer 10. If it is there, check mark the box and reboot the system. Thats it. you will get IE 10 Metro on your system.