Thread: Google Play with Cloud integration for App restore

Google Play with Cloud integration for App restore

Does Google Play has some cloud integration support. The one that was available on iCloud. My friend has a iPad. He buy apps through iTunes. With iCloud subscription he stores everything online. Whenever he restore his device, he gets everything back. The music he purchased, ebooks and even applications. Google Play or Android does not has any of this integration. I need help on the same. Thanks.

Re: Google Play with Cloud integration for App restore

No Google Play does not has any of those features. Whatever you download or buy is wipe out when the phone is restored. You can try to keep the app backup through Titanium. This is the only options you can go for.

Even I am looking for a similar feature. Last time I had purchased 4 games. Due to slow issue my brother restored the phone factory settings without informing me. I lost everything. My all purchased item is lost. I want some options by which I can restore all stuff back again. I had tried contacted to those from whom I had purchased, but they did not responded.

I found iCloud a better service. Next time when I will buy apps it would be better I can keep a backup of them somewhere. First I am going to buy a good ROM backup software. It does not matter even if I have to root my phone. It is really a waste of money by loosing apps in such a way. Google Play must have some kind of options that can help us to retrieve the purchased app back again. Can anyone tell me where does the downloaded app lie. Is there a apk files stored or it is installed directly. I can copy the entire folder and keep the same. This would be easier for me to restore after factory restore.

You are missing something. Login to your account on go on Google Play. In that look for My Apps. In that you can download all your previously purchase application. You do not need to root, or contact the vendor. Google has kept a better feature saved for that.

That is right. You can get them back through My Apps. When you sign with your account which is mostly a Gmail ID, Google tie the app id with it. This provides you option to download the same as many time as you want. It is saved online. Google offer you a section called as My Apps. When you check inside that you can find all your App configured. Whenever you buy a new app and install it, it comes over there along with free apps also. You must remember one thing, that to get the apps back for free you must only use the account that you had used at the time of purchased.

If you sync any other account then you might have to pay for that back again. Once done you have to simply click on the app and download it back again. It just take some time depending on your Internet speed and app size. To some extent the Google Play App is also responsible for restore. If you had upgraded your OS or simply rooted then you have to check the version of App store. You can find that under Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Google Play. This should be same to get your apps back.

I had rooted my phone and lost all the app. When I tried to sign in with the same account I found nothing inside My Apps. I had purchased one game only. I think this is a issue of Google Play Store.

Hi, I did not have Google Play in my Phone earlier, so I installed the same thru my PC. It got installed as well. But when I try to log into Google Play / Play Store, it says you need to have a gmail account... when I click on gmail icon, its just closes and does not allow to to go beyond. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by aseemns View Post
    Hi, I did not have Google Play in my Phone earlier, so I installed the same thru my PC. It got installed as well. But when I try to log into Google Play / Play Store, it says you need to have a gmail account... when I click on gmail icon, its just closes and does not allow to to go beyond. Please help
    Which mobile phone do you have? Have you tried to install its latest firmware or android version of the operating system, which your phone is compatible with? Its definitely seems to be a problem with the mobile phone, since you have just installed the latest version of the google play software and not its latest firmware version.

Quote Originally Posted by GK knowledge View Post
    I had rooted my phone and lost all the app. When I tried to sign in with the same account I found nothing inside My Apps. I had purchased one game only. I think this is a issue of Google Play Store.
    Yes it is right. I was a bit aware about this. First I had checked the version of Google Play before rooting. It was 2.3.06. After rooting the new customized rom provided me a higher version. Which changed to 3.xxx something. I was not able to locate any of my apps in that. My friend was having a similar phone and he was also about to root. On this phone first I restored the entire phone with factory rom. I added my account and find the apps back. So this looks that those apps can only work on old Google App version. I removed the existing app through Manage Application and installed the older version. I receive a popup of update but I ignore that. You must ensure that the auto update for this app should be turned off. I got the game back. I am not able to find a way by which I can migrate the purchased app older version of Google Play to new. I had contacted Google for the same and waiting for a reasonable reply. I hope there would be a better option available for the same.

I never that that apps will lost due to Google Play version also. I face the issue when I installed ICS on my phone. After rooting the custom files added new Google Play already. There were no apps listed. I was about to restore everything back again. But luckily found this thread. I will try to downgrade my Google Play App to an older version and check back.

I am using Titanium Backup Pro. I had purchased this app just for security purpose. I was sure that in future I will face a issue where I would lost my apps. I had kept a backup of same in my sd card. My phone was working very slow, so I had restored everything. It started working properly. Later on I restore the backup through Titanium Backup Pro and everything is restored. It worked well and there is no issue at all. I was quiet worried bout loosing the paid apps. But that was not the scene. You must keep a backup tool in your system. This help you in future for restoration. There can be circumstances when you want to root or restore your phone software. At that point such tools are quiet helpful. I had checked in My Apps I can still see Titanium Pro. This is a good feature of Google Play and I do not think you need a cloud integration for that. But if there will be any I will surely subscribe to that.

Yes I am too waiting that Google Play will comes with some cloud integration support. On which we can store our contacts, sms, data, etc. There is Google Drive for Android but in that you have to do everything manually.

This must be directly integrated with our Google Account. So that whenever you download new stuff it should be integrated to the cloud storage automatically.