Thread: Getting white screen in video even after installing flash player on Firefox 13

Getting white screen in video even after installing flash player on Firefox 13

Since updating Firefox to version 13 whenever I am trying to play any video in the browser from YouTube then I am just getting a white screen in the section of video. I have installed Adobe Flash 11.3.300.262 which seems to be the latest but no avail. I am not having any such issues when am playing any video in chrome, it is just with Firefox 13. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has any idea about it?? is there any way to fix this out?

Re: Getting white screen in video even after installing flash player on Firefox 13

You can try out the below two possible solutions:
    • If you are having RealPlayer installed then update it to the latest version and check out if that helps.
    • If not then try downgrading Flash to Flash 10.3 or 11.2

Just try out the above 2 solutions and let me know if anyone among them is ending the issue in your case.

Re: Getting white screen in video even after installing flash player on Firefox 13

If you want then you can try below simple steps as well:
    1. First uninstall Adobe Flash Player plugin from Windows programs
    2. Than Launch Firefox and open YouTube site and try playing a video
    3. When you do so you will be suggested by Firefox to install Flash Player's plugin instead of white screen, So just follow the instruction there, install Flash Player's plugin respectively and your issue should be solved.

I was facing the same issue previously and this is what I had one to fix it:

Uninstall current Flash Plugin by going into Control Panel -- Programs and Features

After that click on this link Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player you will be directed to a page where you will see “Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257 (9.36 MB)”. Just below it there will be a link saying “Do you have a different operating system or browser?”, so click on that.

Now you will be directed to a new window, do not enter any details there and below download button you will find a line saying “If your operating system/browser combination is not displayed, click here for older versions of Adobe Flash Player.”, so click on here.

You will be redirected to a new page, so scroll down and download Version: 11.2.202.233 of Firefox released on 4/13/2012. After downloading it extract the zip file and run the exe file for installing Flash Player. Once Version: 11.2.202.233 gets installed you should not have any issue.

Give it a try and let me know if you have any issue while carrying out the mentioned steps.

If you want then you can try below simple steps as well:
    • First uninstall Adobe Flash Player plugin from Windows programs
    • Than Launch Firefox and open YouTube site and try playing a video
    • When you do so you will be suggested by Firefox to install Flash Player's plugin instead of white screen, So just follow the instruction there, install Flash Player's plugin respectively and your issue should be solved.

The below three versions are the most stable ones.
    • (Released 6/08/2012) Flash Player 11.3.300.257 (102.9 MB)
    • (Released 6/08/2012) Flash Player 10.3.183.20 (65.7 MB)
    • (Released 5/04/2012) Flash Player 11.2.202.235 (159 MB)

Currently I am having Flash Player 11.3.300.257 installed but I haven’t faced any issue with all three.