Thread: Unable to close extension's popup after losing focus in Opera 12 with HWA on

Unable to close extension's popup after losing focus in Opera 12 with HWA on

I have been using Opera 12 on my PC with Windows 8 as my operating system. I have noticed that many pop-ups which make the background page to lose focus usually fail to close. For example, on Facebook when I click on any image, it expands in larger picture with background page fading in dark. But after this happens, the image doesn’t close. I have to either start it into new tab or close the browser completely. This happens only when I have Hardware Acceleration enabled in my computer. Can anybody tell me why it is happening?

Re: Unable to close extension's popup after losing focus in Opera 12 with HWA on

This is a common problem seen in Opera 12 when installed on Windows 8. Many people are experiencing it and this is why lot of people has developed a negative tendency for Opera 12. But you don’t need to worry about it as a patch to rectify this problem has been released by Opera on their website. You can search for Release Candidate patch for Opera 12 which I am sure will help you. There are many patches which you will need to search from to get cure for the problem of non-closable pop-ups.

Re: Unable to close extension's popup after losing focus in Opera 12 with HWA on

Another problem caused by this bug is that when you turn off the hardware acceleration thinking that it will help us to solve the problem of pop-ups not closing, it creates a new problem. With Hardware acceleration disabled, the pop-up will close as soon as the page is completely loaded. So in short, you won’t be getting to see what the pop-up consisted of. I think the patch is the only thing that will help us out of this problem.