Thread: Does Opera Mini 7 for Blackberry and iOS have Smartpage

smile Does Opera Mini 7 for Blackberry and iOS have Smartpage

I know that opera mini is supported in Java-based and S60 phones but I just wanted to know if it is working for Blackberry and iOS devices as well or not. If it works then is Smartpage working fine in them?? I have come across a number of people having issues with Smartpage in their Java-based and S60 phones. So has anyone used Opera Mini 7 on Blackberry and iOS and can let me know if it works fine or not??

Re: Does Opera Mini 7 for Blackberry and iOS have Smartpage

As far as I am aware Opera Mini 7 works on Java-based, S60, Blackberry, Android and iOS devices. The Smartpage features is working fine as well, Just download and install it on your phone and check it out. If at all you face any issues with it then you can post your queries here for further assistance.

There were some issues going on with Opera Mini 7 on iOS devices but the latest update i.e 7.0.2 has covered most of them. The changes that has been made in Opera Mini 7 for iOS are as followed:
    • Support for more than 9 speed dials
    • Improved support for RTL in UI
    • Reworked session restore
    • Tab improvements
    • Zoom setting
    • Improved traffic compression
    • Support for built-in dictionary
    • Open Google Maps in native application
    • Photo upload

You can use it on iOS devices like iPods, iPads and iPhones, like I have mentioned most of the bugs have been fixed but if you encounter any further then you can report it or open a new thread here accordingly.

I won’t say it is working fine, even though they opera people have mentioned they have fixed most of the bugs I have come across the ones that were there in earlier version as well. I am just mentioning the issues that I have faced on my BlackBerry Curve 9300 while using Opera Mini 7.

This time Opera Mini 7 is having 2 zoom levels which is good but text does not wrap on second zoomThe browse looses connectivity if it is kept still for a while, when I try to resume then it says “connection not available” and I have to restart opera.

Some time it is still redirecting to the wrong page.RSS Feeds is changing the layout and it is adding some weir and not required graphics as well.

There are still a number of bugs in Opera Mini 7, in my case the smartpage is not working at all. I mean while installing opera I am getting an error message saying the connection has failed and check out your networking setting for applications.

I don’t know what it means by that as I am not having any kind of issue with other applications and browsers. I have tried installing it several times but no avail, I am welcomes with the same message again and again. The smartpage remains blank in my case, anyways for now I have switched back to opera mini 6 and It is working fine. I think we will have to know wait for their next update to get remaining bugs fixed, I wish if they do it soon because I liked their smartpage concept and want to try it as well.