Thread: Opera doesn't display context menu when right clicking from the bookmarks bar in Opera 12 RC3

Opera doesn't display context menu when right clicking from the bookmarks bar in Opera 12 RC3

Basically i use Firefox as my default browser but at many places i required opera. So I have downloaded/installed this version couple of weeks ago. Today i found that while right clicking the bookmarks (Ctrl+shift+b window) it is not showing up context menu. Actually i found it today because i entered bookmarks today itself. Hence reporting here for help. I need the context menu anyhow as it is very important for me. Also it will be difficult to uninstall the browser and re-install it again because i cannot loose my history and caches. Those are very important for me. So, could any one of you help me out fixing this ?

Re: Opera doesn't display context menu when right clicking from the bookmarks bar in Opera 12 RC3

What? Opera 12 RC3? Dude, Its been released in its final version and you are still stuck with Release Candidate? Also it is obvious to get such errors and bugs because company release alpha, beta, release candidate versions for testing itself. If you are using any of such versions you should be prepared for such problems.

As per getting rid of this error, I’ll suggest you to simply update the browser and it will be fixed. Am using Opera 12 final version and its working fine.

Re: Opera doesn't display context menu when right clicking from the bookmarks bar in Opera 12 RC3

Thanks for your suggestions and questions friend, but as I already mentioned above I don’t want to lose my history and cache, I cannot uninstall or update the same. Also I need opera rarely but in important situations. Hence I want to fix the context menu right in this version without loosing my history and cache. Is there any way to do the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by Natured View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions and questions friend, but as I already mentioned above I don’t want to lose my history and cache, I cannot uninstall or update the same. Also I need opera rarely but in important situations. Hence I want to fix the context menu right in this version without loosing my history and cache. Is there any way to do the same ?
    That’s ok dude. If you uninstall and re-install updated version, there are chances of loosing cache and history for sure. But If you update your browser right from the current version, all your histories and cache files will remain as it is. Just click on “Help” and Click “Check for updates”. You will get the details about latest version available. Simply click on update. System will download and install the latest version. That’s it. You are done. .

That’s not the big deal buddy. Though you un-install your browser, you can still backup your History and caches files. Opera save all these stuffs in a folder on your system. Just copy those folders, uninstall the browser, download and install latest Opera and replace the folders again from where you copied. That’s it. You will get all your browser history and cache back.

You can get those locations by simply opening your Opera browser, click on Help and click on About Opera. You will get the following screen showing paths for all your browser stuffs.

Copy the folders and keep it safe somewhere so that you never loose your backups.

Thanks Maq.h for the great tip. But all those individual folders are included in opera’s main fodler that includes each and every settings along with history and cache that can be found at the below locations. It is good to backup the main folder instead of any individual.

On windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera
    On Vista and W7:
    C:\Users\user\AppData\local\Opera
    Note: Make sure you have done to show hidden folders because you need to reach these directories by going to hidden folders on your system.