Thread: How to copy Tata Sky HD+ recorded video on pc

How to copy Tata Sky HD+ recorded video on pc

I have recently installed Tata Sky HD+ at my place and have recorded some videos using the same. Now I am willing to transfer those videos to my computer, I have asked about the same to my colleagues and got varying answers for this. I mean some said that we can transfer the videos by some means where as some said that its not possible. So I just wanted to know if it is possible or not?? if yes then how??

re: How to copy Tata Sky HD+ recorded video on pc

As far as I am aware it is not possible to transfer recorded video on from Tata Sky HD+ to pc. The video uses some ultra gg copy protection. Which are not readable by any other player. If you want then you can try connecting STB with the PC via TV Tuner & and record the videos that might be playing. I don’t think there is any other solution that you can try out here.

Re: How to copy Tata Sky HD+ recorded video on pc

Yes there has not been a direct file transfer facility but if you want then you can get an “AV CABLE USB VHS TV TO DVD CAPTURE CARD S-VIDEO GRABBER”. You can check out for it at ebay, once you get the same then you can connect Audio video out from Tatasky to its input and then record the programs in to your computer. Just make sure that you are playing the recorded video in normal mode and not fast forward and so. If anyone has any one has any other better idea than this then let me know as well.

Yes there is some kind of encryption because of which they are not getting played by other players. In my case I have opened up my Tata sky+ HD box, took out the HDD, connected it to my computer and transferred the recorded files to my computer. I have tried using VLC and other players but they are not able to play the video. The files are having weird names and no extensions, that’s why I am not able to find out a player that can play those videos. Is there anyone who has tried out the same and has got success in playing the videos.

I am not aware if you can transfer recorded video on from Tata Sky HD+ to pc but you can use iBall Claro TV- T18 for receiving television signals television signals and record television programs onto a hard disk. Once can use it for AV and not HDMI,The other information of iBall Claro TV- T18 are as followed:

Specifications:
    • It allows you to get Clear and Crisp Picture Quality along with Real-time and Schedule TV Recording.
    • You can Watch TV on your PC or Laptop and Listen to FM Radio as well.
    • Using this one can record Analog TV and do Video / Audio Capture
    • This can Record video in MPEG1/2/4, AVI, VCD or DVD format
    • It comes with 10-bit analog-to-digital conversion and Noise Reduction

Technical Details:
    Brand : iBall
    Model : Claro TV - T18
    Built-in FM : Built-in FM Radio with Recording function
    Multi AV Input : Composite and S-Video inputs to connect DVD player, Set Top Box etc.
    Interface : USB Interface
    Remote Control : Full-function IR remote control

System Requirment:
    Pentium 2.4 GHz or Centrino 1.4 GHz or above
    512MB RAM
    1GB free Space for Hard disk
    DirectX 9.0C or higher installed
    AC97 Compatible Sound Card
    One Free USB 2.0 interface

OS Supported:
    Windows XP / Vista / 7