Thread: How to remove several Firefox Annoyances

How to remove several Firefox Annoyances

Hi, i was using Firefox 4 since its release. I have too many Add-ons installed as well with the same such as Case changer, IDM CC, Page speed and many more that are not compatible with higher versions of FireFox. Hence i dont remove this version.

But whenever i use to start my FF 4, i sue to firefox update message, that was actually very annoying for me. Hence i downloaded Firefox 12 manually and installed it on my same pc just to test. Fortunately i dint overwrite my FF 4 and install FF 12 separately.

both browsers work fine separately but there are few problems i started getting since installed these 2 versions of Firefox. Every time when i start ant of these browsers, it starts checking the add-ons compatibility. It was not the scene until i was using just FF4. Second problem though i had saved a "Home page" i still get Firefox Welcome page at every startup. Is there any way to stop all these problems without uninstalling any of my browser ?

Re: How to remove several Firefox Annoyances

Quote Originally Posted by Tanishka View Post
    Every time when i start ant of these browsers, it starts checking the add-ons compatibility.
    Why dont you just disable "add-ons compatibility check" ? you can do it easily with the help of add-ins. There are many add-ins available for the same but i'll suggest your to use "Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks". Just launch your firefox browser and download it from here.. Click install and you are done. Now you wont be getting this problem any more.

If you want to do it manually (without using Add-on), you can do it with below steps:
    • Launch Firefox and type "about:config" in the address bar. Press Enter.
    • Now right click anywhere in the opned window, select new and create a Boolean key.
    • Write "extensions.checkCompatibility.4" click OK.
    • Now select "False" and click OK.
    • Now you need to create one more Boolean key with the same process as mentioned above and write "extensions.checkUpdateSecurity", click OK, select "False" and click OK again.
    • Restart the browser and Thats it. You are done.

Re: How to remove several Firefox Annoyances

Thats a great tutorial Orton, appreciated, Well for the second problem mentioned by Tanishka, about the homepage, i guess the reason behind it is the same profile for 2 different browsers.

So, i suggest you to use 2 separate profiles for both separate browsers. If you dont know how to do so, checkout this Firefox Knowledge base and do the same. Reply if you get the same problem again.

Just as a suggestion, is it necessary to use multiple Firefox browser on the same pc ? Why dont you use alternatives like Oera, chrome, IE, etc along with your one Firefox 4 ?