Thread: Flash videos does not display properly in internet explorer 10

Flash videos does not display properly in internet explorer 10

I have installed Windows 8 release Preview and I have found that when I am playing any videos while browsing web pages then it is not playing them. I did not had this issue in internet explorer 9 when I was using windows 7. I have tried reinstalling flash several times but when I am trying to play videos then it says me to install it again and nothing happens. Is there anyone who has a solution for fixing this issue?? Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: Flash videos does not display properly in internet explorer 10

In that case I will like to inform you that flash is not supported by internet explorer 10 and for playing videos that requires flash you will have to use internet explorer 10 Desktop. You might have got message saying that you need to install flash and so right?? Actually Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview supports HTML 5 because of which you are not allowed to install add-ins. As far as I am aware they will work only in Internet Explorer 10 for the Desktop. You will be prompted again and again and again if you will try to install add-in in Explorer 10 Release Preview. In order to install flash in Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview for Desktop or view content that needs add-in go to settings> wrench icon> select “Use the desktop” option.

Re: Flash videos does not display properly in internet explorer 10

Yes, flash is not supported by internet explorer anymore it was supported in internet explorer but not in internet explorer 10. I will like to inform you that IE10 stills works like IE9 and it is having improved standards support along with retaining access for extensions and plug-ins. Internet Explorer 10 has a second version having Metro-style interface which is also known as Internet Explorer 10 Metro and this only supports HTML5 and not any plug-ins. If you remember even Apple has done the same for iPad and iPhone and now Microsoft’s is trying to walk on the same path. You might be using IE10 Metro and not the standard version of IE10 because of which you are not having access to such functionality. IE10 Metro is said to be used by mobile and touch screen devices and that’s the reason Microsoft has just kept the support for HTML5 and not Flash and Silverlight along with plug-ins. I know the pc users will be depressed with the same but on the other hand Windows 8 tablet users will be happy with it. I mean they won’t have to install Flash, Silverlight or any such software’s.