Thread: Poor Webcam Video due to Flash Player 11

Poor Webcam Video due to Flash Player 11

I use Adobe Flash player for video conferencing. I am using Flash player since years now and it is giving excellent results. But now I have started to face problems after updating to the latest version 11.2.202.228. I am unable to use my webcam in the browser anymore. As soon as I start the conversation the webcam freezes on the startup itself. It feels like I am watching a video from the completely scratched CD. I have tried reinstalling the Flash Player but it didn’t worked I have even tried reinstalling the browsers. But the problem still exists and I don’t think that this problem is related to the browser because I have tried different browsers but it is use. I have tested my webcam on my friends’ computer and it works fine so I am unable to understand what the issue is? I think the problem has started since I have updated my browser. I am using a Windows 7 Operating system and Google Chrome as my web browser.

Re: Poor Webcam Video due to Flash Player 11

Hey, friend even I am facing the same issue after the update of Flash player. Before the update I was successfully using the Adobe Flash Player without any problems but don’t know what has happened suddenly after the update. I work on Windows XP operating system and use Firefox as my web browser. My webcam is working fine with the Skype but the issue appear when I try to chat on Gmail or Yahoo,. I think there can be two possibilities of this error either this is a bug or else we are making some mistake while using it I hope someone comes up some solution for this now I am even unable to install my last version. Need help.

I have cracked a solution for this, it was happening due to a bug in the version 11.2.202.228. To get rid of this problem you will have to uninstall the flash player and download the fresh copy and reinstall it. Here are the steps that I followed to get rid of this error:
    1. Go to the Control Panel and then go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall everything related to flash.
    2. Once you do that remove all the temp files and then restart the computer.
    3. Download t Flash player 11.2.202.233 and install it.

This is the new version of Firefox and you will not face any issues with this. But you will have to initially uninstall all the flash related files and then try the fresh installation this will work for sure.

I tried the same steps you suggested but it didn’t work for me. I was able to uninstall all the flash files but while fresh installation I was able to install the flash. But when I tried to run the active installer it gave an error stating that it is already installed on my computer. I dint installed it and except me no one uses my computer so I am confused that why is this happening. I again uninstalled everything and reinstalled but the error was still present. What should I do is there any problem with my operating system I am a bit worried now. Please help.

I don’t think that the problem is with your system and even you don’t need to panic or get worried. You have mentioned earlier that you are using Google Chrome so I would like to tell you that Chrome comes with flash plug-in installed with it so that was the reason it was not allowing you to install the ActiveX. Now if want to use the above mentioned flash version then first you will have to disable the flash plug-in first which comes with the chrome. Now to disable the plug-in open chrome and in the address bar type “chrome:plugins” without quotes and press enter, disable the flash plug-in and now again go through the above mentioned steps and that’s it you will be able to enjoy the video calls using Chrome too.