Thread: Flash Player installation prompt on Mac Power PC even if it is installed

Flash Player installation prompt on Mac Power PC even if it is installed

I am sure that title is sufficient to explain the problem that I am facing. I have installed the Flash Player 10.5.8 on my Mac power pc but then also it keeps on asking me to install the Flash Player whenever I try to play the videos uploaded on the facebook. Is there someone who have gone through the same problem. Please help me to get this problem resolved. Thank you in advance.

Re: Flash Player installation prompt on Mac Power PC even if it is installed

For this problem, you must ensure that your computer permitted for content to play. Just follow the steps below and do the changes mentioned. It will solve the problem for you.
    • First of all, you will have to enter to the Flash Player Settings Manager. You can do that by right clicking on some Flash content.
    • You will see the second last option as Global Settings. Click on that and it will open the Settings Manager Help page. From there, you will have to open the Global Storage Settings panel. You can select that from the left pane.
    • There will be one option as “allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer”. Select that option so that it will be enabled. You can open the Website Privacy Settings panel in order to see/modify/remove storage settings for websites.
    • Open the page (Facebook in your case) where you had issue with the flash player. Now control click on the content and go to the Settings which is into the context menu.
    • You will see the Flash Player settings box. From there, click on the Privacy settings menu item and it will open Privacy settings panel.
    • There will be one option as “let the website access your webcam and microphone”. Set that as allow. Save the changes and exit the window.
    • This is all you need to do and now you will have to restart the browser and check for the issue again.

You must check that whether you have enabled the JavaScript or not. If the JavaScript is not enabled then also you may get such issues. To do that, first launch the Safari by click on the Safari icon from the Dock. Now see the safari menu and from there open the “Preferences”. Now, from the “Preferences” window, click on the security tab from the top. I think that this is third last tab on the “Preferences” window. You will see one check box which is texted as “Enable JavaScript”. Check that checkbox (don’t change anything else) and save the changes. Close Preferences window. JavaScript is now enabled on your computer.

What is the browser that you are using? If you are using the Internet explorer then you can simply click on tools and select “Manage add-ons”. From the drop down list nest to Show, change it to “All add-ons”. See if you have enabled the Shockwave Flash Object. If that is not enabled then you have to enable that. Other than this, go to the tools and open the Internet option. This will open the Internet options window with many tabs. Click on the security tab. From there you can try by varying the security level from medium to high.

My suggestion to you is installing the Add-On Flash-Aid. The flash on your system will be configured with the help of this add-on. Most of the settings get detected immediately when the add-on is launched. If there is any update release from the Adobe lab then it will notify you for that. If you go to the advanced mode of that you can also install the flash as of the browser.

I think that re-installation of the flash will solve the problem for you. But you don’t have to reinstall that like you do normal uninstall/reinstall. To do that, you will first disconnect the internet connection from your computer. Other than this, if you are having the any Real-Time Security Application in your computer then disable that as well. Once you are done with that then you can run the Uninstaller file and it will remove the flash Player totally from your computer. Now restart your computer and download the latest installer from the official site and run that on your system. Once the installation is completed without any error or any warning then you can connect the internet again and enable the Real-Time Security Application (if you are having any).